Chapter 16

Avery texted me saying he was taking me out to Adrian's. He was trying to butter me up because he thought I was pissed about something. It was cute though. I decided to get dressed up for him and the surprise so I headed to the mall with Channy. We had similar tastes in clothes and she was very particular like I was.

"What color do you want to wear?" she asked me while we waited in line for Ben and Jerry's.

"I don't know, maybe black or white...or both? I just want him to see me and be like wow, you know?"

"He'd probably say that if you were wearing a paper bag." She laughed making me blush.

Once we got our ice cream, we started to browse through stores; starting with Nordstrom. I didn't see anything I liked for tonight but I purchased a nice metallic shirt and a tight navy green a-symmetric skirt that I fell in love with. We moved on to Forever 21 and repeated the same process. I stocked up on bathing suits and a few cute shorts and tops but nothing for tonight. We were heading towards Arden B when out the corner of my eyes I spotted an outfit on a manikin and I had to have it. It was a white crop top paired with a long skirt that wrapped around and came up in the front giving it an Egyptian type look. I loved it and once it was off the manikin and on me I loved it even more. I turned to the side thinking to myself I need to lay off the ice cream just a little but nonetheless I loved it. It flaunted my curves perfectly. We rang out grabbing some silver accessories to match and a few more things for the Australia trip then left. When I got back home, I hopped in the shower and immediately started to do my hair. I decided to wear it up again with my bangs down but this time I left the pony tail out instead of in a bun. I sat at my dresser as Channy did my make up for me. It seemed like the process took forever but I was so pleased with the outcome. Everything was perfect from the smoky eye down to my deep purple lipstick.

"Thank you so much babe!" I smiled.

"You're welcome! Awww, you look so pretty! Okay I'm going to go. Have fun! Let me know how it goes!"

I looked over at the time. It would still be a little while before I met up with Avery.

"Where you going?"

"...Harolds" she answered reluctantly.

"I thought you were done?!" I said with air quotations. Harold was Channy's on and off boyfriend and one of Cal's close army friends. He was leaving to Texas soon to go to the same base where I visited Cal. She tried to put up a front like it didn't phase her but whenever the subject came up her demeanor changed and I knew that look, so I felt for her. I just hope she didn't make the same mistakes I did.

"Don't judge meeee" she whined. I just rolled my eyes laughing. She gave me a kiss on the cheek and left.

I decided to go downstairs and get something to eat. I was going to hold off since Avery and I were meeting up at Adrian's but I was too hungry to wait. I grabbed some potato chips out the cabinet and some blue cheese out the fridge and just started dipping the chips in blue cheese. I had never done it before but right now it was hitting the spot. I ate a couple more and then forced myself to stop so I wouldn't be too full at the restaurant. I packed them away, washed my hands, shoved my phone and the envelope with the tickets in my purse and headed out.

When I pulled up Avery was outside having a conversation with the valet. They were laughing and smiling so I watched for a moment smiling to myself before I got out and the valet guy walked over to me. When Avery saw he froze before a grin came across his face as he looked me up and down with pride.

"You look beautiful" he kissed me, making me blush while I wiped the little purple lipstick that stained his lips. I was side tracked but quickly remembered the plan and changed back to a serious attitude.