Chapter 13

"I really don't even feel like doing anything" I said pushing my food around in the plate with my fork.

"Autumn stop! We're going to have fun tonight!"

I was having lunch with Yalissa at my favorite restaurant, Four Seasons, to start off my birthday celebration but I didn't feel like I had anything to celebrate. I still haven't talked to Cal and I worried every day about her. I had even reached out to Victoria, Cal's dad's girlfriend, to find out if she had heard anything or knew if she was okay. She reassured me that if anything happened to Cal I would have been informed by now, that sometimes these things just happen, and I should be patient, stay strong, and have faith. It was a lot easier said than done. Ariana was in Puerto Rico with Jacob for a show he was having but due to a storm over there, their flight was cancelled so she wouldn't make it back for tonight. I hadn't talked to or seen Avery either since that day at the restaurant. I deleted his number so I couldn't even call or text him if I wanted to and I really wanted to but I had to distance myself.

I sighed resting my face on my fists "I hope so."

"We will! Can you please be happy, for me?"

"Fineee...but I need a drink first."

We ordered a scorpion bowl for two and finished it as fast as we could. I was a little more than tipsy by the time we were done. I drank more of it than Yalissa because she was driving so I was inevitably drunker than she was.

"So, what are you wearing?" she asked as we waited for the waitress to come back with her debit card.

"I don't knowww" I said dragging out my words.

"What do you mean you don't know?!"

"I didn't buy anything to wear!! Can you come shopping with me?" I hiccupped

Yalissa started to laugh "Yeah, I need to get some shoes anyway"

After the waitress came back she tipped her and we headed straight to the mall. The first store we stopped in was Express but I didn't see anything I liked or didn't already have. Shopping always frustrated me. I was very picky about what I bought. Sometimes I think I like something, then right after I buy it, I start to hate it. We walked aimlessly around the mall trying to find an outfit but I wasn't satisfied with anything so we left to West Hollywood to hit the Christian Louboutin store. I was going nuts at the amount of shoes I wanted to buy. I was in love with them all and then I saw the ones. I don't think most people understood the emotion I felt when I found a perfect pair of heels, it's like seeing your new born child for the first time to me. Okay maybe not that strong but pretty damn close. The Christian Louboutin Isolde 160mm Gold Sandals; studded gold closed toes stilettos with four gold chains that wrapped around your ankle and three that went over the top of your foot with spikes were my newborn. They were a masterpiece and I had to have them. Best thing about them is no matter what color my outfit was they would still go!

"Your total is 4,199.99" I handed over my credit card and scrolled through my timeline as I waited for the transaction to go through. As I was scrolling I saw a tweet from Kimberly Yohman. Kimberly owned an online boutique called Kimi Kouture. Her dresses and rompers were absolutely stunning. I don't know why I didn't think about it before! I immediately called her. The store clerk handed me back my card and receipt.

"Here you are ma'am, have a nice day" she smiled.

"Thank you!" I grabbed the bag pinning the phone between my shoulder and my face so I could put away my card and started to walk out the store. Pick up! I thought to myself as the phone continued to ring.

"Hello?"

"Kimbo!" I squealed.

"Hey love, I was going to call you! Happy birthday!!"