Chapter 34 - A Demon In Heaven

Kytara

Heaven may not have loved Hope in the end but she was still an angel. The princess and she deserved her place in her family's tomb. I cleaned all the blood from her body before changing her into a long white dress with a tight body and flowy bottom, with golden sparkles straps. Truly designed for the angel who was next in line to be queen. A title she deserved. Nero said he couldn't handle laying her to rest so I told him id do it. It was my duty. Not as a solder. But as a friend. I found passage into heaven and I walked through the countless corridors in a blue shirt and tight jeans. I thought Hope would like me to wear a little colour at her burial. I continued walking until entering the throne room. Two guards opened the doors when they saw Hope in my arms. I carried her up to the empty throne and I stood standing in front of them. Castiel walked in and went running to Hope but my glare forced him to a stop. "Princess Hope of Heaven, died protecting her home. She faced countless fears, threats and even murderous vampires to keep you safe. Although she was never officially crowned queen, she is queen." I growled at the court. Tears built in my eyes as I kept my head held high. "Long live the queen!" I announced and the rest of the room bowed to their knees. "Long live the queen!" Everyone says except Castiel. He bows to one knee after everyone else and bows his head. He should feel guilty for this. She died thinking no one loved her. "Take me to her tomb" I ordered.

We got to the tomb and I stepped inside the floral patterned iron gates. The place was warded against demons and I felt the wards taking a hold but I didn't care. I was laying Hope to rest. I walked through the large tomb until I found her parents coffin. Both of their bodies were preserved as I stared into the glass top. She looked so much like her mother. I saw a glass coffin with Hopes name on it. I know the minute angels are born a coffin is made especially for them. Two guards opened the top and I lay her limp body down. I place her hands on her stomach and I smile down at her. I pull a rose out from one of the places that were supposed to hold a knife. I held it out to Castiel who knew what he had to do. He preserved the rose top. I cut off most of the stem and all the thorns before placing the bright red rose in the angels light hair. Tears built in my eyes as I began singing to her softly.

The angels left me in peace as I sang to my friend. I spent hours in there just singing to her corpse. Her body had been preserved and I had to say goodbye. "Hope. God you were annoying. You were bubbly and you were rarely ever sad and it frustrated me. Hell sometimes I wanted to kill you. Keyword there. I. Not Death. Killing you was my job. You were a princess. A pain in my ass. And my friend" I said as I leant down and kissed her forehead. "Goodbye Hope. Your light will always shine for me" I said as I closed the glass top and walked away. Leaving the angel in peace.