Chapter 8 - Walking with Wisdom

Hope

When the sun hit my face I cringed. My whole head hurt. What the Goddess did I do last night? I groan and try to roll and get up but warm arms were tightly around me. I looked up an saw a sleeping Nero. I tried to move and when I did I felt wet. What the? I'm soaked. Oh my God. This is bad. I'm wet. I push Nero away and step out of the tent, causing Nero to wake up. I tried to stretch my wings but they wouldn't move. No, no. This cant be happening. I groan when a wave of my head becomes heavy. "Snowflake?" I raise a brow at Nero. "Snowflake?" He chuckled. "Yeah, I called you Snowflake last night. Your new nickname. Don't you remember?" I shake my head. I cant recall anything I did last night. "Ah there she is! She is alive." I glare at Kytara. Flashes of last night pop up. I narrow my eyes at her. "I'm going to kill you." I hiss and walk over to her. "You ruined my wings." She rolled her eyes. "They are fine. The sun will dry them." I slap her across the face. "Pack up demon. Were going." I snap and walk back to the tent. Tears threaten to leak but I held them in. "Hope?" Nero asks behind me. 'What?" I snap but something in my voice cracks. "You okay?" I shake my head. "I'm fine. We have to go. We don't have long." He knows what I mean. He carries his stuff and I walk ahead. With my inner eye I search for our next destination. East now. Why east? The only place in east is the desert. I give out a pain groan when my headache springs again. "Remind me never to drink." I mumble. Turning around I frown at the two. "Were going to the desert. A temple to be exact." Our first key must be there. "Why to the desert?" Nero asks. I grab my bag, open it and bring out the large book. It was given to me by a goddess of Wisdom. She told me "With this book come great power" she meant my gift. I opened the book and read the first few pages. "We will go to this temple to gather the Key of Famine. Horseman of Famine. We will also be expected to go through trials to gain the key."

"How are we suppose to get to the desert?" Kytara rudely asks. I glare at her. "I'm taking us. Don't be a pig headed bitch and let me do my job." I gently put away the book but Kytara tries to grab it. I mean tried. She hisses. "What the hell?!" I grin an put the book away. "No one can touch the book. The only one who can is the one with my gifts. And I'm the only one." She snarls at me as I grab her forearm and gently grab Neros hand.

The hot searing sun burned my skin. Lucky that I have protective layers. I started walking and hissed. I looked down and found my shoes were missing! I quickly flew up and changed my clothes. I grinned down at my outfit. I had a white blouse and light pink pants. I also chose white boots. "Why do you always wear white?" Kytara asks. I narrow my eyes, "Do you have a problem? I'm an angel. I may not be a warrior but at least I know that I'm not a bitch." I flip her off and start walking off. Stupid Demon.