Chapter 15 ~ Trapped. (Hour One/Three)

Ash walks over to the girls, but he can't help but to listen what they were saying.

He crouches behind the kitchen counter, and looks over to Gary, who is currently watching Pokémon.(ironic...)

Dawn squeals, "So! When are you telling A-"

Serena covers Dawn's mouth, "Shhh! Quiet will you? I'll tell him how I feel. Just, not now."

Ash frowns by this. "Who's him?"

Ash shakes it off, he stands up, unaware that he's still beneath the counter.

He hits his head, as he writhes in pain. "Ouch! Oh, shit." he mumbles, placing a hand over his swollen head.

Dawn, Serena, and Gary walk over to the heartthrob.

"Ash! What're you doing? Are you alright?" Serena worriedly asks, pulling him up.

Ash les out a chuckle, slightly embarrassed. "Oh, yeah, I'm fine!" he exclaims.

Dawn shakes her head, "What were you doing under there?"

Ash feels his body heat up, as he tries to search for an excuse.

"Ah, just dropped my keys." he nervously says.

Gary raises a brow, as if he knew Ash wasn't telling the truth.

"Okay, Ash. Sure." Gary says, smirking.

Ash rolls his eyes, as Serena speaks up.

"I'm going to get an ice pack, the swelling's getting worse, Ash." Serena says, with worry, concern, and lament in her ocean-blue eyes.

Ash silently groans, placing his hand on head. "It's fine, Serena! Really!"

Serena shakes her head, as a voice chirps.

"Just give in, Ash. Serena won't let you go that easily." Dawn says, crossing an arm over the other.

Serena grabs her purse, "I'll be back, there's a store across the street. Won't take me long."

Ash suddenly feels a wave of guilt strike at him. He doesn't want Serena to be so worrisome.

Ash groans in pain, "I-I'll go with you, Serena!" he says.

Ash walks up to her, as Serena grabs his wrist.

"No, Ash. You look like you're going to pass out. You should stay and rest." she responds.

Ash sighs, "Serena, I feel really bad. You have to let me go." he pleads.

Serena smiles a small smile. "Okay, just...don't get lost. The place is a freakin' three-story building." she says nonchalantly.

Ash playfully rolls his eyes, as he waves a goodbye to Gary, and Dawn. "Yes, mom." he mumbles.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Serena and Ash arrive at the store, as Serena asks an employee where the medicine section was.

"Excuse me?" Serena politely asks, poking the employee's shoulder.

The employee turns around, and that employee was none other than Calem.

Calem grims, "Hey Sere!" he happily says.

Ash rolls his eyes, "Hey, only I call her that, buddy."

Calem scoffs, "Well, if it isn't Mr. Jealous."

Ash growls, walking over to the boy, as Serena places a warm hand on Ash's chest.

Serena sighs, "Guys, not now. Anyways Calem, we need to know where they sell all the medical stuff."

Calem nods, pointing to the elevator. "Yeah, its upstairs, second floor. Turn left, then go straight ahead."

Serena gives a warm smile, "Okay! Thanks a lot, Calem."

Calem winks, "No problem!" He turns to Ash, giving him a small wave.

Ash rolls his eyes, following Serena to the elevator.

"C'mon slow-poke! Get in here." Serena yells.

"Okay, okay, okay." he nonchalantly says, walking into the elevator.

The elevator dings, the silver doors of the elevator began to close. Serena presses the button- "Floor 2."

Ash bites the inside of his lip, searching for something to say, as awkward silence fell upon them.

That's when it happened.

The lights began to flicker. Serena jolts, grabbing Ash's hand for comfort.

"Hey, hey, hey." Ash calmly says, looking into Serena's eyes. "It's nothing, Sere."

The lights flickered more, endless amount of times. The elevator shook, both levitated above the floor, and they soon slammed back down, their faces facing the hard, cold, elevator floor.

A sharp jerk, then another. Then another. The elevator was now pitch black. Fear lingered upon them.

Eventually, It all stopped.

"Ash!" Serena screams, searching for her raven-haired friend.

She anxiously roamed her shaky hands around the dark room, as a hand grabs hers.

Serena yelps in panic, as the lights turn back on.

Ash kept his hand wrapped around Serena's pale one for comfort.

He immediately embraces her into a tight hug. "It's alright, you're okay." he cooed, stroking Serena's honey-blonde hair.

"W-what happened?" Serena whispers, still in shock of what had just happened.

Ash shakes his head. "The elevator stopped moving." he says, pressing it's buttons. "We're trapped." he mumbles.

Serena calms down, as she crawls to the opposite corner of where Ash sat. "How long do you think we'll be here? she asks.

Ash shrugs, "Probably a couple hours. Someone eventually will realize that we're gone."

Serena nods, shuffling through some stuff in her purse. She curses under her breath.

Ash raises a brow, "What's wrong?" he curiously asks.

Serena sighs, lowering her head. "I left my phone at Gary's. Do you have yours?"

Ash places his hands on his back pockets, in search of his device. He groans, "I might've left it back at Gary's too."

Serena moans, covering her face with her small hands.

Ash smiles, "Hey! On the bright side, we'll get to spend more time with each other!" he says, attempting to lighten the mood.

Serena lifts her head up from her legs, "Yeah. I've always wanted to hang out in an elevator, better yet, a trapped one." she sarcastically says.

"Yeesh." Ash mumbles, scooting over to the honey-blonde.

Silence once again, fills between Ash and Serena.

Ash closes his eyes, searching for anything. Anything that'll make their situation less awkward.

He says the first thing that popped of inside of his mind. "Who...do you like, Serena?"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

This chapter was inspired by @iamourship 's elevator chapter.
Shoutout to that extraordinary, creative amour-writer! Thank you for the inspiration xx:)
~Lia