Chapter 19 ~ Serena's Performance!

"Can I have your food?" Ash and Dawn say simultaneously.

Gary and Serena look at each other, amusement in each other's eyes.

"No!" Gary and Serena yell, pulling their tray closer to their chests.

Gary scoffs, "I swear, you guys are like the same person."

Serena nods in agreement, "Twin-like even!"

Dawn rolls her eyes, "But, I'm hungry.."

Ash pouts, rubbing his belly. "Same here! I didn't eat much."

Gary facepalms, "Ashy-Boy! You ate 3 plates of mashed potatoes...don't you think that's enough?"

Ash grunts, lightly banging his head against the cafeteria table. "That.*bang* was. *bang* just. *bang* a. *bang.* SNACK! *BANG!*"

Serena giggles, pushing her tray towards Ash. "Here, you big baby."

Ash's eyes lit up by the sight of Serena's untouched food. "Wow, thanks Serena!"

Dawn chuckles, "I just realized that Ash never calls Serena "blondie" anymore."

Ash shrugs, "Eh. It was kind of getting old."

Serena claps, "Yay! Thank goodness."

Gary pats Serena's back. "No worries, we'll find you a new nickname!"

Serena groans, "I expected too much."

Dawn giggles, "Hey Sere! A Showcase is being held here at school, tonight!"

Serena gasps, "REALLY?"

Dawn nods, "Yup! They're even giving out one of the princess keys!" Serena squeals in delight, jumping on her seat.

Ash and Gary raise a brow, "What're princess keys?" they ask simultaneously.

Serena smiles, "There are two classes of Performances, or as they're called, Showcases! There're the Rookie Class and the Master Class. Every Performer can compete in Rookie Class tournaments, but only those who have collected at least three Princess Keys can enter the Master Class!"

Gary nods, "And what happens if you make it to the Master Class?"

Dawn giggles, "Duh! You get to compete with the Kalos Queen, silly! If you get more votes than her, you'll win the title!" Dawn exclaims excitedly.

Ash grins, "Wow! Sounds like a lot of fun. How does the Rookie Class performance work?"

Serena bites her lip. "Well, each Rookie Class tournament is divided in two sections. The Theme Performance, and the Freestyle Performance."

Gary furrows his brows, "WOW. Sounds hectic. But knowing you, Serena, you'll do great!"

Serena tucks her short hair behind her ear, adjusting her hat. "Thanks! I should practice now! Time is a wastin'!" she yells, scurrying off out the cafeteria.

Ash smiles, "Wow, she sure is energetic."

Dawn grins, "Let's cheer for her, give it all we got!"

Gary nods, "Sure, but...when is this performance again?"

Dawn sips her soda, "Tonight."

"TONIGHT!?" Ash and Gary say simultaneously. "Will she have time!?"

Dawn nods, "Don't worry! This is SERENA, we're talking about. And coming for her childhood friend, she never gives up till the very end!" she exclaims, winking at Ash.

Ash smiles, "Yeah. Serena can do it. I have faith in that girl."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~