Chapter 16 ~ Trapped. (Hour Two/Three)

Serena blinks a couple times, surprised at how straightforward Ash was.

But then again, this was, the one and only Ash Ketchum.

"E-excuse me?" Serena stutters, as she began to fiddle around with her short hair.

"Who do you like, Serena?" he says.

Serena's lips parted, unable to say anything. "W-what?"

Ash sighs in frustration. "Serena, you heard me."

Serena shakes her head. "Oh, no one." She replies, avoiding eye-contact with the raven-haired teenager.

Ash sighs, "Serena, I heard your conversation with Dawn."

Serena jerks her head around to face Ash, her eyes widening in surprise. "W-what? How much did you hear?" she nervously asks.

Ash lets out a chuckle, "Chill, only the last part."

Serena sighs in relief, wiping the sweat off her forehead.

"Who's "him"?" he questions.

Serena looks away once again, and lets out a deep, heavy, sigh. "Ash, I'm sorry. I'm not ready to share." she whispers.

Ash smiles, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You can tell me anything, Serena. You can trust me. Friends, remember?"

Serena smiles, still acing the opposite direction of where Ash sat. "Just friends." she mumbles. Unfortunately, Ash did not hear this.

"Why did you ask?" she asks, looking into his hazel, brown eyes.

Ash sighs, leaning back, ruffling his raven-black hair. "It's just been...agitating me. I'm not sure exactly why."

Serena frowns, "Why would THIS be bothering my crush? Does he like me back? No, you're over exaggerating, Serena." she thought.

"W-why would...me liking someone...agitate...someone like you?" Serena soothingly asks.

Ash rests his head against the iron bars of the elevator. "I'm not sure, Serena." he lies. "It's just, idiotic."

Serena slowly nods, placing her hands on the back of her head to form a head rest. "O-oh, okay." she whispers.

If only she could just confess. Confess that she does have a crush on the heartthrob. If only she had the guts to do so.

Serena sighs, as she hears shuffling behind her. She turns around, only to see Ash, as his eyes lit up.

"The latch!" he exclaims, pointing to the roof of the elevator.

Serena raises a brow in confusion.

Ash places his hands on his head, "The latch! We can climb out of the latch!"

Serena nods, understanding what he meant. "Okay, who's lifting who?" she asks.

Ash playfully smirks, "You, of course. Does it look I weigh 10 pounds?"

Serena rolls her eyes, hitting the side of his leg, "Now, you're just offending me." she says. "Now, pull me up."

Ash nods, pulling Serena up from where she sat.

Serena looks up, as she raises her hands up.

Ash grabs her tiny waist, attempting to push her up.

Serena let out a giggle, "Ash! Stop!" she exclaims, pushing Ash's hands away from her.

"I-I'm not doing anything. Okay, let's try again!" he says in determine.

Serena nods, letting Ash grab her waist once more.

She laughs, "Ash! That tickles!"

Ash smiles, sighing. "Well, this obviously isn't going to work."

Serena's face fell. "Sorry, Ash." She lowers her head, avoiding eye-contact.

Ash pulls her closer, stroking her hair. Her heart pounding within every stroke.

He smiles, as he lifted her chin so that she would face him. "Hey, we'll get you out of here." he nonchalantly says.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

This was short, sorry :P
~Lia