Chapter 23 ~ Serena's Sweet 16 - Part Two

Serena waves to the last group of people that attended her party.

The last person, was Calem. He faces Serena, a smile plastered on his face. "You sure you don't want me to stay and help clean up?" he politely asks.

Serena smiles, "No, it's okay Calem. I'm just glad you came. Be safe, okay?"

Calem grins, "Of course. Happy Birthday, Serena."

She closed the door furiously, as Dawn places a reassuring band on her shoulder. "I'm sorry, Serena."

Gary frowns, "I-I don't get it!" he exclaims, handing the phone to the honey-blonde. "Here, read my texts with Ash."

Serena scrolls through his messages...

AshKetchum: ily gare-bear.

AshKetchum: ilysm xxxxxxxxx

Dawn couldn't help it, she practically fell off her chair, laughing her head off. "PALLETSHIPPING!" she screams.

Gary pouts, "Not now Dawn! Anyways, you were supposed to read this." Gary says, handing the phone back to Serena.

GaryOak: yo, boy, when you comingggggg?? 😤😤

AshKetchum: Traffic. I might be there a bit late.

AshKetchum: tell Serena not to worry please

Serena sighs, handing the phone back to Gary.

"Well, this party sure was a disappointment." she mumbles.

"Not...necessarily." a voice speaks behind her.

She quickly spun around, as she faced Ash.

"Hey." he replies, running a hand through his raven-black hair.

Serena frowns, and ran over to him, and started to punch his chest.

"YOU ARE SO LATE. *punch* I WAS SO WORRIED, *punch* YOU DIMWIT." Serena yelled, as Gary and Dawn pulled her away.

"First of all, OW! Second of all, I ran late, I picked up your gift, then later, it went traffic."

Serena's face softens. "Oh, well, at least you made it."

Ash smirks, "Yeah, I made it with this too." replies taking out a black trinket.

Ash adjusted his tux. "Happy Birthday, Serena." he whispers.

Serena nervously opened the trinket, as she took out a small, gold heart locket, that hung on a silver chain.

Dawn gasps lightly, reading what was engraved into the locket. "Never Give Up Till The Very End." Dawn squeals, "Oh man, Ash, you're spoiling her."

Gary grins, "What're you waiting for Sere? Open it."

Serena nods, opening the locket. Inside the gold locket contained a picture. A tiny picture that had Ash, Serena, Dawn, and Gary in it.

Serena wipes the hot tears streaming down her face, "W-wow. A-Ash. T-thank you." she stutters.

Ash bit his lip nervously. "There's something else I want to give you too."

Serena raises an eyebrow, "And what is...mm."

Ash cut her off, smashing his lips against hers.

Dawn loudly gasps, "Amour! MY FAVORITE SHIP!

Gary claps, "I'm never forgetting this moment, ever again!" Gary takes out his phone, snapping a picture of their mini make-out section.

Serena pulls away, a wide grin plastered on her face.

Ash smirks, "Happy Birthday." he whispers.

Dawn squeals, "Oh man. I feel so blessed!"

Gary laughs, "I'm sending that picture to the group chat."

Ash, Serena, Dawn, and Gary share a joyful, heartfelt laugh.

Dawn giggles, "Now we've got that out of the way, let's talk about PALLET-"

"Oh, shut it Dawn!" Gary exclaims, placing his hand over his girlfriend's mouth.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••

Short chapter! >.<
Anyways, here's a list of all the characters mentioned so far in the story.

Protagonists: Ash, Serena, Dawn, Gary, Clemont, Bonnie, Grace, Calem, Miette, Monsieur Pierre, Grace, Mr. Oak, the Clerk

Antagonists: Lillie

Since I'm still in the making of this story, more protagonists will be added as well. Have a great rest of the day, amourshippers!

~Lia