Chapter 29 ~ All Of A Sudden!

The school bell rang, as Ash, Serena, Gary, and Dawn took their seats. Their first class- biology with Mr. Oak.

Although, Gary acted slightly different. His eyes sparkled in awe, and he was practically jumping in excitement.

Dawn frowned, "Are you okay, Gary?" she worriedly asks her boyfriend.

Gary lets out a chuckle, snapping out of his trance, "Oh, I'm more than okay."

Ash raises a brow, "What do you mean-"

"Good morning, class!" Mr. Oak exclaims excitedly. He too, was acting a bit strange. He seemed happier than usual, his clothes were covered by a white lab coat.

Serena groans, "Are we operating on frogs, Mr. Oak?"

Mr. Oak chuckles, "Actually, they're called "Froakies", and please, call me "Professor Oak", from now on."

Ash sighs, "What's going on here?"

Professor Oak smiles, "Fennekin, Chespin, and Froakie! Please come on in!"

The class gasps, as three, strange animals hop in.

"What kind of animals are they?" a student exclaims in amaze.

Professor Sycamore walks in, with three small balls, and a weird device in his hand.

"These, kids, are not just animals. Gary, would you mind telling the class what they are?" he asks politely.

Gary immediately jumps out of his seat. "Pokémon!" he exclaims.

The crowd gasps, in amazement, in shock, and in awe.

"What do they do?" another student asks.

"Well, they do many sorts of things. Pokémon are for everyone. They can be great travel companions, and can be useful for battles, performing, coordinating, and so much more!" Professor Oak exclaims, ruffling Fennekin's fur.

"Fen Fennekin!" she exclaims.

Ash stares at the three Pokémon in awe. "Battling..eh?" he mumbles.

Serena nudges Ash, "Have you got something on your mind, Ash?" Serena whispers.

Ash turns to face the honey-blonde, a wide grin plastered on his face, "You've got it, sensei."

"Each, and everyone of you may get a starter Pokémon. There are many to choose from. For example, you may choose a Bulbasaur, Squirtle, perhaps a Tepig!" Professor Syacmore chirps in.

"What have you got in your hand, Professor?" Dawn asks.

Professor Sycamore smiles as he hold up the three balls. "These, are Pokéballs! They act as a home for Pokémon. And this, this is a Pokédex. It gives you a brief summary of every Pokémon you encounter."

"Wow! There're more!?" Serena exclaims.

Professor Oak smiles, "Why, of course Ms. Yvonne! They've been released in the wild, not only in this region, but in every region! There are Fire-types, Water-types, Grass-types, Psychic-types, boy, even Dragon types!"

Ash determinately fist pumps the air, "Great! When and where do we get started?"

"After school, in Lumiose City! Near the Lumiose City Gym." Professor Sycamore says.

Dawn shrugs, "Gyms? Don't recall having a gym in Lumiose..."

"Well, there are many Pokémon Battle Gyms being built around every region. And each gym has it's own Gym Leader. If you win against the Gym Leader, you'll receive a Gym Badge. You must have eight badges to join the League. And after winning the League, you'll earn the title of a Kalos Champion! Well, it all depends where. It can be in Kalos, Alola, Unova..." Professor Oak says.

Ash smiles, "Sounds so cool! And it happened...all of a sudden! But I'm looking forward to it!"

Gary smiles, "Hey guys, I want to introduce you to my Pokémon."

"Pokémon?" Serena asks. "Why do you have a Pokémon already?"

Gary pouts, "Hellooo! I'm the grandson of the guy that created this species! Anyways meet..."

Gary takes out a Pokéball, throwing it up into the air. "Squirtle, come out, buddy!"

A turtle-like figure jumps out of the ball, "Squirtle!"

Dawn eyes lit up, "Oh what a cutie! What type of Pokémon is he?"

Gary grins, "He's a water type, Dawn! He's a Kanto Region Pokémon."

Ash adjusts his cap, "Hey Gary, once I get my starter, let's have a battle!"

Gary smirks, "You're on, Ashy-Boy!"

Serena and Dawn mentally facepalm. "Battling each other? Already? Oh, Lord." the best friends say in unison.

"Arceus, my girls. Arceus." Professor Oak butts in.

"Arceus? Is that a Pokémon too?" Serena asks out of curiosity.

Professor Sycamore happily nods, "Yes. Arceus was our most successful breed. He's a large Pokémon, indeed. He has the ability to do anything. Sort of like a God. He was caring, and loving to the Pokémon in the lab. But one day, he disappeared. One of our main theories is that he traveled to other regions..."

Ash sighs in admiration, "Science is so cool!" he breaths out, leaning back on his chair.

"So, what Pokémon are you planning to get, Serena?"

Serena turns her attention to the raven-haired boy. She smiles her signature loving grin, the one that made Ash blush furiously.

"I'm taking an interest in the Kalos Pokémon." she happily replies. "You, Ash?"

Ash stares at the three Kalos Pokémon that stood in front of the classroom. There was Fennekin, a sweet, down-to-earth creature, then Chespin, a happy-go-lucky kind of Pokémon! Much like Ash. Finally, there was Froakie. The Pokémon Ash took an interest in. The Froakie seemed like a serious, strong type of Pokémon. A Pokémon who would stick by its trainer's side, even if it looks a bit intimidating.

"Froakie." Ash answered, as a smile crept his way up the corners of his mouth.

Serena shrugs at Ash's weird behavior, and turned to Dawn, who was practically jumping in her seat.

"What're you getting, Dawn?"

"Uh, Dee-Dee? You okay?"

Dawn happily nods, endlessly. "OF COURSE I AM, SERENA!"

Serena raises a brow, "Oookay. What Pokémon are you planning to get?"

Dawn giggles, "I'm picking a Pokémon from the Sinnoh Region! I was born there after all, and how about you, Sere?"

Serena shakes her head, "I don't know. I really don't know. But let's find out, and see."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~