13: Love Me Like You Do

Zayn's POV

Today was Alex's birthday.

My little boy was turning three years old.

My heart clenched at the thought and realization of that. I missed these three years of his aging.

I knew I couldn't do anything about it anymore but it still pained me that I missed the most important years of aging.

I was happy that at least now I could experience everything with him, I wouldn't be missing anything anymore.

"Daddy! Daddy!"

I watched him as Faith got him ready for his surprise (not really) party that was going to be held at Ben and Sammy's.

The gang didn't let Faith and I pay a single cent on the party because they wanted to treat us. I wanted to pay for the whole thing but like I said, they didn't let me.

I grinned at how Alex looked in his jeans and Spider-Man shirt I bought for him along with a pair of red Nike shoes for infants.

Faith wasn't going to let him wear the black hat I bought him that said some random sports logo on it but he wanted to put it on and so she let him.

Faith wore black leather high waist shorts that showed off her sexy long tan legs, a white lace shirt where you could see her black bra, and her hair was waved down beautifully.

How was I going to control myself around her? I thought.

I wore my usual black jeans and black boots but I decided to look more formal than usual and wore a black button down shirt. I still kept my ring on, I never took it off apart when I was in prison and I couldn't have any objects with me until I was released.

The one thing that made me feel sane again was my wedding ring, it was the one object I needed with me at all times.

I looked at Faith's hands to see if she was wearing her engagement and wedding rings and to my surprise, she was.

Butterflies were felt in my stomach and my heart beat raced faster than usual and I couldn't help but feel cheesy by what I was feeling for her.

"You ready to go, daddy?" Alex was at the point where he couldn't keep still and jumped on his feet every second.

I pulled his small body in my arms and hugged him tightly, giving him a kiss all over his face before lifting him in my arms and looking at my whole world.

Faith stood a couple feet away and I saw how happy she looked at Alex and I.

I wondered if she ever thought this was going to happen after I was released but deep inside me I knew that either way, I'd always find my way back to her.

To her and to Alex.

**

I parked the car in front of a modern white house that had a front and back yard.

"We're here." I announced and Faith and I hopped out of the car.

I opened the door to the backseats to unbuckle Alex from his car seat before pulling him out and keeping him in my arms as I closed the door and locked the car.

I walked around the car and Faith took my hand in hers, intertwining them before we walked to the front door.

I knocked three times on the door and it immediately flew open. Before I could make any movement, everyone cheered.

"SURPRISE!"

All of our friends were in the living room of Ben and Sammy's house and Spider-Man balloons and blue and red confetti was all over the place.