Chapter 22

💖💗💙💚💚💛💜💝💞💟❣💓💖💗1000 reads on my story!!!!! Oh my lovelies, you have no idea what this means to me 😊😊😊😊😊😊😙😙😙😙😙😙😙😙😙😢😢😢😢😢😢😢🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓I love you guys sooooooo freakin' much!💕💙💚💓💕💖💗💙💚💛💜💝💞💟
*Améthyste Joie*

I heard police sirens when I reached the ground floor. Dammit. Were they trying to get my baby killed?

Come on Amy, if that key opens a freezer then you know very well that Alexei is dead.

Lilia was still unconscious at the foot of the stairs, I slowly stooped down, checked her pulse and sighed in relief when I found it. I walked to the kitchen and started looking for a fridge or freezer or maybe a storage cupboard. The kitchen was a bad as the living room. It smelled of old spoiled food and burnt eggs. The fridge looked like a fridge, old food and cold. There was no freezer. The pantry was empty.

Where the hell was he?

I heard a noise behind me and found myself staring down the business end of a gun. I let out a silent whimper, closed my eyes and raised my hands in front of me. 

The RRT agent held a finger to his mouth and quietly asked, "Is anyone else in the house?" 

I saw another agent crouch next to Lilia, checking her pulse then shook my head, "Not that I know of."

"Come with me." He held out a hand to me.

"No." I watched his hand and stepped back, "I have to find my son."

"We will find your son." he said firmly, "You need to get out of here."

"NO! I need to find my son!" I turned back to the kitchen and looked for more places Lilia could have hidden his body. I needed to see it. I wouldn't believe it until I saw him. Held his cold body in my arms. I had to find him. I couldn't leave him here.

I felt strong hands wrap around my waist and hoist me up to his shoulder. "No, please, you can't do this." 

"I'm getting her out of here." he said to one of his team members, "Search the entire house."

He carried me out of the mansion, I didn't go silently. I kicked and screamed, beat my fists into his back but he continued moving until we got to the fleet of police cars. He planted me on the ground and told someone to watch me before heading back to the house.

"Wait!" I tried running after him but another pair of hands had me by the arms, "Let go of me." I told whoever was holding me, "Let go of me! I need to find him!" I held up the key in my hand, "She locked him somewhere. I need to find him!" 

The agent came back and took the key from me.

"No! Please, let me come with you." I bristled against the tight grasp.

"Améthyste." I stopped struggling. "Stop."

I turned to Alek, his face was a dark mask, I broke into tears, "She killed him." I sobbed and he pulled me in, "She killed my baby." He stroked my back slowly and rested his chin on my head. "She killed him."

"Hey! You can't do that to me!" I heard Lilia yell from another car, "Do you know who I am?!"

I lifted my head from Alek's chest and looked for her. I pushed him away and started walking in her direction. She was at the back of a police car and had handcuffs on her wrists. Her hair had fallen forward on her face and the gash I had given her was bleeding. She was arguing with an RRT agent and the agent was doing her best to ignore her.