Chapter 3

This chapter contains a steamy scene if you feel uncomfortable with reading it, you are more than welcome to skip it. I do hope you will enjoy it (:

~*~

*Aleksandr Christakis*

"Sir, I have Peter Nichols from the Australian office on line two." My secretary poke her head through the office door and vanished just as quickly.

"Than you, Serena." I said and connected the call. I conversed with the VP only half-mindedly. The rest of me was still thinking about the small French girl with the blonde hair. I shouldn't have let Liliana whisk me off to lunch with her and I didn't understand how I could still feel drawn towards her. I was a Christakis for heaven's sake, and that came with certain expectations; like marrying a woman who was either Greek or Russian as per the family tradition. Seven years ago, Améthyste had been a face in my peripheral vision, just ghosting through mine and Liliana's lives like the wind. I never noticed her until I did. With my sister's unfailing powers of persuasion Améthyste had flown out to our family's private island, Isle Nikos and although she hadn't been my usual type, I had decided to kill time with her. She had been reluctant at first but gave in after stolen kisses and lingering glances. What I had not anticipated was the attachment that still lingered between us when I looked at her.

Seeing her yesterday not only brought back the memories, it somehow made them fresh, made them potent in my mind. Her soft, pliant skin that warmed when he touched it, her eyes dark from desire, her kissable lips that numbed his mind, her moans of passion and release. I was so used to women who were all too eager to jump into bed with me that her rejection lit a different kind of fire.

I wanted her again. 

Still.

Again.

Still.

This was confusing.

She hadn't been hot about the idea of sleeping with me but I had gotten her in bed eventually. I was going to have to put her back there again and quell this thing burning inside me. I just had to fuck her a few times and get her out of my system.

Peter asked a question I didn't get and I once again asked him to repeat. In the end I quit trying to hear him and cut our conversation short, "Nichols, I'm sorry I have to take care of something. We will talk at the next confederation meeting. How is that?"

"Not a problem. Take care now." he disconnected the call.

I ran a hand through my hair and stopped when the action reminded me of smaller hands riffling through my hair as I teased pink nipples and stroked lush hips. This was ridiculous. I couldn't let her work for me... for my company. Lilia was crazy for even suggesting it. Améthyste would never like it here. I hoped he wouldn't like it. Idle fingers drummed on my desk and without a second thought I picked up the phone and called my secretary. "Serena, please get me Améthyste Joie on the phone."

A few pauses later Serena called back, "Sir, Miss Christakis' assistant say Miss Joie has just entered the building. Would you like for me to call her still?"

"No, that's fine, thank you." 

I smiled, the little bird had come and perched on my wall all by herself.

~*~

*Améthyste Joie*

"I really hope you didn't come all this way just to refuse me." Lilia placed a mug of coffee in front of me.

I sighed, dammit, Lilia was already ten points ahead of the discussion. "It's the least I can do... not that the offer isn't great, I just don't think it's for me."