Chapter 20

A/N: Okay, serious time. Please assist an eager new writer (that's me :p) by sharing my story. 

PS: It takes a second to vote :) :) :)

~*~

*Amethyste Joie*

I pulled into the large wrought iron gate that belonged to the 'nicest looking mansion in the street' as instructed. 

I reached out the window with a very shaky hand and pressed the call buzzer. (Don't ask me how I drove 10km with shaky hands because I haven't the slightest clue.)

"Come on in! Stop at the front stairs." a very chipper voice replied before the gate lazily rolled to one side.

I drove up.

Alek hadn't been too eager to let me go by myselft neither had the police.

"No." Alek had said, "It's too risky." he had grunted.

"I'm with him." Alia had said, jerking her head.

"For all we know the boy might not be there." Agent Torrun had said while shaking his head.

"What if he is and she kills him because I didn't follow her instructions?" I countered and folded my arms, "Besides, she spoke as if he is already dead."

"If that's the case, she might be luring you for something dangerous." O'Shea had said.

They had all made PowerPoint-worthy arguments but none of them had been able to convince me. In the end, Torrun had suggested that the tactical response team stand down and let me go in on my own.

Before I left, Alek had drawn me into his arms and whispered, "Be careful. She is dangerous when she is like this."

I had stepped back to give him a confused scowl but he had given me a swift kiss.

I stopped right where she told me to stop and got out of the car.

The mansion really was beautiful. It looked like the kind House and Home magazine would write articles about.

I forced my legs to carry me forward.

Be careful, she is dangerous when she is like this. Alek's words rang in my mind. Did he know who lived here? Was it a crazy ex looking for attention?

I presses the doorbell and long, expanding tunes.

The door was pulled open after a very long minute and my jaw dropped when I saw the person on the other side.

The woman who had taken my child.

Oh.

My.

Gods.

She was blonde.

Not the good kind.

Bleach blonde.

Blonde which did not go with her olive skin.

She had blue eyes.

Full lips. No lipstick for once.

Dressed in a long-sleeved sweater with 'C'est moi oui' printed on the chest and frayed denim shorts.

It would have been cute if it wasn't so sad.

I would have laughed out loud if I wasn't so mad.

She was me.

But you know, a terrible version of me.

Me having a bad day.

It took me aeons to formulate a response and more aeons to turn that response into words.

"Lilia?"

~*~

A/N: Super short chapter I know but it serves a purpose.
Soooo who else guessed it?
Lilia took Alexei!
More drama to come!
Almost over I promise (:
Vote
Comment
Share

Love! Love! Love you guys!