Chapter 25

*Améthyste Joie*

I choked back a sob as I walked back to my car. I wanted to give Alek another chance but our relationship was already doomed. I didn't believe in forcing a situation that didn't want to be forced. We had crashed and burned twice now and it was clear that the universe conspired against us.

I would take my son to Paris, meet a nice boring guy, settle down, raise my baby and forget all about the Greek Adonis with the green eyes and maddening smile. 

We don't always get what we want. No one expects their life to become what it becomes. I would just have to readjust my reality checker and forge on forward. Aleksandr Christakis was to be a figment of my past. I had done it before and could do it again.

I was about to unlock my car when I felt a hand grip my arm and pushed me against it.

"Améthyste, please." Under the street light I could see his wide green eyes. "Don't go."

"Alek, I have to." I shook my head and let out a heavy sigh, "This... thing between us isn't going away, I can't do this." I shook my head, "I want you to be in Alexei's life but I can't be around you... not without—" my teeth sank into my bottom lip. "I don't want to take him from you, but I have to take me from you." 

"Don't leave." He echoed in a haunted voice, "Please." the scent of his aftertshave wafted up to me and made my head swim with heavy desire. His voice grew desperate when I started shaking my head again, "I am in love with you, Améthyste." He took me by the shoulders, "So desperately in love with you."

For years I had wished he had said those words to me, every day I had wished he would say it to me. 

I wanted to jump into his arms and tell him of how long she had waited for him to say that, "You can't be in love with me." His head dipped down to capture my lips but I leaned away, "Alek, stop it." We had kissed plenty of times even after finding out the dark family secret, more than kissed but this time I was determined to fend him off.

Alek was determined to talk me out of this crazy notion. 

He moved in and covered my lips with his and like a hot knife through butter my resistance melted away. His tongue sought out the recesses of my mouth and I dueled with the smooth caress of  tongue. My hands stopped shoving and started stroking, gliding up his torso to rest behind his neck.

His hands gripped my waist and pinned me to him with so much force it threatened to break me in half. He stopped kissing her and rested his lips on hers, "Améthyste." He murmured, his breath warm, "If you are truly going to leave. I want to make love with you. Right now. One last time."

My brows pressed down and I stepped away to look at him. There was raw desire all over his face, this wasn't the face of a multi-billion dollar businessman, this was the face of a starved man. His eyes showed no green in them, just wide, dilated pupils and heavy lids. I had seen this expression once before. 

Our first night together.

The night we made Alexei. 

The cage had been shattered, the hungry beast was free.

"Okay." I breathed, "Okay." 

I barely registered him picking me up and carrying me somewhere. I was too busy running lazy kissed up and down his neck.

"Drive. Fast." I heard him say to someone. His driver? 

I shifted on his lap and reattached my lips to his, he reciprocated without missing a beat. One of his hands was in my hair and the other made soft circles on my now exposed stomach. God, I hoped we would get to his place quickly, I was not and would never be a fan of PDAs.