11

Mikey's POV
I can't sleep. I can't eat. I can't speak. I can only think. Bryce does his best to cheer me up. So does Bradlee. I just can't.... can't deal with these thoughts.

One month later

I'm doing a lot better. I've been getting out, going to school. My parents were so disappointed in me. They were scared they lost me. But I assured them it will never happen again. It won't. Right? Whatever. I still haven't told them I'm gay. I can't tell them until Bryce is with me. I have plans for him to come over tonight. We'll do it then. I'll tell them.

That afternoon...

Bryce just got here. We've been talking about how we could say it. We're ready. I call my parents into the living room. Bryce is right next to me. My mom and dad are sitting across from us. "Mom, Dad, there's something I have to tell you." "Yes, honey?" My mom said. "Mom, dad, Bryce is well, my boyfriend." "You mean, friend that is a boy......right...?" My mom says tearing up. "Mom........ I'm gay." I start crying. Bryce
Intertwines our fingers. My dad puts his hands over his face. I hope he's not mad. "Honey..." my mom starts to say, "we know." What?
How could they know. "Wha- what do you mean...?" I say with tears rolling down his cheeks. "Honey we've known for a long, long time. As a child, you were... different. You never really were in to sports. Not until high school, where you felt you had to because of the people around you. You never seemed right around girls. You always seemed hesitant to kiss them. We've just known. We were waiting for you to realize it." I just get up and hug them. I love my parents. I walked back over to sit down. Bryce puts his arm around me. He kissed my forehead and puts his hand in mine. "We'll leave you two alone." My mom says as she and my dad walk out. I just cry, with my head rested on Bryce's chest. All that's left is to tell his parents........