Chapter 7

"Let me talk to Hershel, if we're gonna stay, this barn has got to be cleared, but it's his land." Rick said and I could see Shane coming undone. "There's nothing to talk about, Rick!" The walkers inside the barn moaned against the large wooden doors at hearing the arguing. "Hershel sees those people in there as sick, he believes there's a cure." Dale said, coming into the conversation. Shane was enraged at hearing this. "You knew about this!" I was about to step in front of Dale, when Daryl did. He kept his eyes on Shane, and every move he made. "I spoke with Hershel, yesterday." He said, not making anything better. "And you didn't speak up until now?" Rick asked. "I knew that we could last at least one more day without knowing." Dale stated. "Hershel's crazy whether those things are alive or not, we can't just sit here and do nothing." Shane spat. "Let me speak to Hershel first, then we'll get this thing figured out." Rick said and left towards the farmhouse.

I sighed and walked away from the moaning and growling coming from inside the barn. I walked towards my tent, I hadn't spent a lot of my time in it, but now it was the only place I could get any peace. I laid down on the sleeping bag and stared up at the tent ceiling. "Something on ya mind?" I sat up to see Daryl sitting at the foot of the tent. "Not really." I said, looking down at the ground. "Ya haven't been sleeping." He said and I looked up at him, and meeting his blue eyes. "Wow, are you watching me now?" I smirked and he rolled his eyes. "Get some sleep, would ya?" He stood up and walked towards his tent, and I laid back down. I had been avoid sleep, but I had a good reason to.

Deciding to get some rest, and then make myself busy, I closed my eyes and allowed sleep to consume me.

"Shoot her, prove yourself to this family, do it." A woman said, as she slowly made her way around me. I was aiming a pistol at the woman below me, tears rolling down her face. I tried to force myself to pull the trigger, but I couldn't. "Such a disgrace, such a waste, she means nothing to you, just kill her!" The woman spat. I couldn't do it and dropped the gun by my side. The woman sighed and grabbed the gun from my hands, then shot the woman. "See how easy that was, maybe we should get you to visit the doctor." I stayed silent and she grabbed my face, her nails digging into my cheeks. "Next time I speak to you, you speak." She pushed me away and pulled out a whip. "Don't worry, soon you will obey."

"No, no, no no no." I shouted as the whip came down on me.

"Scar!" I jolted up and saw Daryl in front of me. "Goddamn it, woman, ya freaking everyone out." I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. My heart was thumping against my chest and my cheeks were wet. I wiped my eyes and leaned back on my palms. "Sorry." I said breathy. He watched me carefully and I heard a twig crack outside my tent, and I immediately pressed my hand to my waist for my knife, which wasn't there.

"Easy, it's just Glenn." He said and I leaned back on my palms. "And this is why I avoid sleep." I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck. I looked back down at my hand and saw the "T" in the middle of my palm. "I keep seeing them and keep feeling like I'm still stuck there." I looked at Daryl, whose blue eyes watched me. I looked back down at the ground, but me and Daryl jumped from the tent at the sound of Shane shouting loudly.

When we made our way up there, Shane held out a gun to Daryl. "Are you with me, brother?" Daryl took the gun and Glenn took one also. T-dog walked up to see what all the fuss was about and ended up taking a gun. "Thought we had to turn these in?" He asked. "We'll turned them in as soon as we clear out that barn." Shane stated and walked near the barn, others following. "Stop this, my dad won't let you stay if you use those on his land." Maggie said coming up to Glenn. Carol came over along with Lori and joined the group. Patricia, a girl I really didn't know, was standing at the doorway of the farmhouse. Shane was still yelling when we heard moans coming from the road and saw Rick and Hershel with two walkers on poles.

Shane looked like he was about to explode. "What's going on here, Shane?" Rick asked, still holding the walker. "We're cleaning out this barn, getting rid of these things. Tell me, Hershel, can someone who's living survive this?" He fired twice into the walker's chest and it kept moving. "Tell me can a person survive this?" Shane fired once. "Heart." He fired again. "Lungs." He fired one last time. "Stomach."

"Shane, stop this." Rick said as he struggle with the intrigued walker. "You're right Rick, lets end this." He fired into the head of the walker and it fell lifeless. Shane went to the barn doors and I picked up a gun, rushing over. Daryl shot the walker on Rick's pole as the barn doors swung open. Shane stepped back and we started firing at the walkers pouring from the barn.

Walker bodies cover the ground and we looked up as one last moan came from the barn. A young girl with blonde hair stumbled forwards and Carol ran forwards, but was caught by Daryl. Sophia. Rick slowly walked up and pointed the gun at Sophia, but I walked towards him and he lowered his weapon, stepping back. "You sure?" I gave a small nod, they shouldn't have to do this.

I held my gun up and aimed at the slow moving body of Sophia. "We'll see you again someday, Sophia." I said softly, and pulled the trigger.

The shot rang out and the small girl fell to the floor. I turned to see Shane grab Hershel and everyone tried to reach him. "Did you know!?! The entire time did you know!?!" Hershel shook his head. "Otis put them into the barn, I didn't know that she was in there, he must have put her in there before." Shane grip was tight on Hershel and his other fist was balled up, before I knew it I acted on instinct.

My fist connected with Shane's face and he let go of Hershel, his focus now on me.