Chapter 7-You're a Jerk

((Castiel))

Cas sat in his room staring at the ceiling. He didn't want to get up and go to school.

It had been two days since the hunt and he hadn't talked to Dean since. Even though he wanted to he was scared. And of course he had no idea why he was scared.

Today was Monday. First day back to school and Cas hated it. There was no avoiding Dean there. How could he? He had like four classes with him.

He was considering staying home. After all he knew that Gabriel would let him. He had been possessed by a demon and for some reason he was still coughing up blood. Not a lot. But it happened frequently. Like when he took a drink of water or brushed his teeth. Or sometimes he'd do nothing and it would just happen.

Although Gabriel wasn't having the same problem so they were both confused at what was happening. Hopefully it was just side affects and he would heal up eventually.

Cas sighed. No he couldn't skip school. He was trying to go for a perfect attendance and so far so good. He might as well get up and get going.

((Dean))

Dean sighed slipping a shirt on. Going back to school. He was considering ditching because he really didn't want to deal with everything.

The teachers, the other football players, the girls, the school work, an most of all keeping up his damn reputation. Of course that's all he really had going for him was his popularity. And it was kind of depressing to Dean. But he couldn't find anything else that he was good at at school except football.

But he was going to go to school anyways. Because he wanted to see Cas. He wasn't sure why he wanted to see him exactly but he was done trying to deny to himself that he did in fact want to see him.

((Castiel))

Gabriel dropped Cas off in the front of the school and Cas walked in slowly while he carried his bag over both his shoulders.

He thought that he could avoid Dean if he moved quickly. He wasn't sure why he wanted to avoid Dean so much.

Maybe because he didn't like bringing his hunting life to school. Maybe it was the fact that his cheeks burned pink every time Dean talked to him. Or maybe it was because he was embarrassed that he was so lame during their hunt. Or maybe it was that Dean had seemed actually worried about him when the demon had possessed him. Or maybe it was that he was so nervous to talk to Dean that his insides churned.

Scratch that. It was all of those reasons. Check every box because that's the correct answer. Circle d for all of the above.

Cas sighed and put some books in his locker grabbing other ones. He saw Dean walking with some of his friends and he quickly walked towards class.

((Dean))

Dean laughed absently at something his friend said. Though really he wasn't paying attention. That was his special talent. Appearing as he was paying attention though he wasn't.

Laugh here add a nod there. Yeah he had it all down. Though it bit him in the ass when it came to grades. Not that he cared much about that.

He was staring at Cas as his little entourage made it's way towards him and the lockers. He was going to say hi. He wanted to talk to him. Well that's what Cas had said three days ago. Maybe he had time to think about it and decided against it. It's not like he woul like Dean after all and why was Dean thinking about liking him? He didn't like the kid after all. Just another friend..

But Cas had met Deans eyes before rushing off to his class before Dean could even smile.

Had he done something wrong? He couldn't think of anything that he'd done wrong. He was thinking about shooting Gabriel when he was possessed but Cas hadn't known that. Maybe it was just Dean in general that was the problem.