Chapter 4

I laid my head on his shoulder and drifted to sleep. Jc lightly tapped my leg waking me up. "Maybe we should go to your room?" He asks quietly. I nod and grab his hand to lead him upstairs to my bedroom. I pull the blankets back and lay down. He wraps his arms around me to pull me closer. We both fall asleep in a matter of minutes.

We wake up to the sound of my grandma calling me down for dinner. I look at the clock and notice it's already 8pm. We both walk downstairs hand in hand. "Ohh! Im sorry Taylor. I didn't know you had company!" She says while putting her hand on Jc's shoulder. "Sorry. I forgot to tell you." I say in a sleepy voice. I introduce Jc and my grandma. "I should be leaving now." Jc says with a raspy morning voice.

I walk out of the door with him and stand out on the front porch with him. He leans in to give me a hug. I hug him back then i turn to the door and start to walk back inside. "Wait! T-Taylor?" Jc stutters. I was praying in the back of my mind that he didn't have a girlfriend. "Can I have your number? " he says while he raises his hand to the back of his neck. "Of coarse you can!" I say in an excited voice. As he gives me his phone i feel my whole face turn bright red. I was hoping he wouldn't notice. I give his phone back we exchange goodbyes and he skates off. I turn around walk inside and close the door behind me. I couldn't do anything but smile during dinner. I get a text from Jc.

From: Jc
Would you like to go to the mall with me tomorrow?

To: Jc
Of coarse! ☺️ what time?

From: Jc
How about i pick you up at 11 and take you to lunch?

To: Jc
Sounds perfect! See you tomorrow at 11.

Im so excited i get up from the dinner table and walk upstairs to lay out my clothes for tomorrow. I grab my favorite pair of hollister shorts, a California Republic crop hoodie, and black vans. I look at my phone to see that it's already 10pm.