27 - good boy does some bad

A/N: Once again, you guys have been wonderful to me and to this book. The story is #245 in teen fiction, which is amazing. We've reached past 11K reads and 800 votes and I am so-so happy. (update: this stoy is #158 in teen fiction😍)

This time I'd like to thank danahar ; xXstardreamingXx (for reading and voting on Blue Howard, and I invite you to read this book too); Moniquekiesler

I hope y'all are doing amazing! Happy reading, and give me comments and votes :) 

The time has come to meet Devon again. 

Chapter 27 – good boy does some bad

The crowd is gathering.

I'm the first one out of the car, urging Nolan and Eileen to move faster. "Hurry!" I shout impatiently. Nolan's swift on his feet and with a few leaps, he's next to me. Eileen, on the other hand, is slower, but not by much, fortunately.

Finally she's out of the car and I lock the car doors – wouldn't want to have to walk all the way back to Greg. Because there are all kinds of people here and I don't trust any of them. I might even be one of the normal ones.

I remember the girl on the phone speaking in past tense, but taking the sight in, I don't think Devon got into a fight. I think he's in a fight right now. Were they waiting for me? Well, if this is true, then this is going to be interesting – not because Devon is going to fight, but because I would very much like to know the reason behind the waiting.

The three of us are trying to run past people, but still we get slowed down. I see guys and girls bringing booze and they seem excited. I shouldn't be surprised – it's high school and there's gonna be a fight – of course everyone's excited.

As my eyes take in the growing numbers, all the parked cars and the bikes and the skateboards, I realize that they weren't waiting for me specifically – they (whoever they are) are waiting for more people to arrive. This is something of a spectacle.

And that is very suspicious.

The angry faces don't bother me. I still nudge and push and shove – I need to get closer, I need to see what is going on. Nolan is right behind me, and behind him is Eileen.

(If Sam and Eileen were to become friends, they'd the one hell of a duo. All the guys would be falling to their knees for them. But they're not friends, so disaster has been avoided. That could still change any time.)

I halt.

My mouth opens a little and the corners of my lips curve into a loving smirk. My eyes are brighter than the lights that are currently illuminating the field and I cannot look away. I devour the sight.

There he is. Navy shirt – and I love-love love it. Grey sweatpants – and oh, he definitely has an advantage. He can move in sweatpants better than he would in jeans. Those sweatpants hang so lazily on his hips that just a tiny, slight pull and they'd fall down. And he's hair. Oh sweet lord, my fingers are tingling from the rush of temptation to run them through his hair and mess his good boy image all up. His dark brown hair is like milk chocolate.

"Oh sweet fuck," I mumble and I think I'm trembling with some kind of emotion wave.

Nolan chuckles low next to me. "I can definitely see the appeal," he says.

I blink, and then lean gently towards Nolan. "I might faint," I mumble. "My brain feels too heavy for my body." This is– this is amazing. There are bees buzzing in my head and I'm floating and I'm drifting and I'm taking flight off the face of the Earth, and– hopefully falling into the arms of Devon. Devon, my sweet, sweet Devon.