7 - AFTER I come to the realization

A/N: First of all y'all (I'm not a southener, but I still like to say y'all) we've gone past 5K votes and we've reached 80K reads, which is abso-fucking-lutely insane, and I think it's time to celebrate. BUT as you know me and my wicked ways, I have a special surprise, it is both a blessing and a curse (but in this case, the curse can be broken, as usual. My plan is to break this curse in an hour, and if not in an hour, then by tomorrow). 

I know you're going to hate me a little, but darlings, you're going to love me a lot (maybe, IDK, hopefully). 

Thank you to every single one of you! You are a bunch of amazing crazies and I adore you. Hugs and kisses. (also, don't mind me replying to your comments maybe 4 months later, and don't mind me replying to them 4 minutes later :D ) I am so grateful (and oh my god, why am I making a speech). 

For some reason Wattpad isn't showing me which part you commented on mobile, so I have to scroll and check every damn comment to find yours, so forgive me if I am too lazy to do it. I also don't want to reply without knowing which part you commented, so I guess that makes me a lazy jerk, which is why I am the perfect candidate to join The Boys (sadly they're fictional, but we won't address that any further). 

Happy reading x)

Yours truly. 

Chapter 7 - AFTER I come to the realization

It doesn't take long until the fighting starts, even though Caleb's dad's not here. But nowadays we have phones to replace the absence of a person.

We all exchange looks, except Caleb who is staring into his soft lilac cup, small white flowers painted on one side. He hasn't touched the hot chocolate yet. Jason's already on his second cup.

Wordlessly, Ben stands up and goes to the door. He closes it discreetly. The angry voice fades mostly, but not completely. He takes Caleb's hand and squeezes it. "I've got a small surprise for you," he says quietly. "I invited Paul. He's coming tomorrow with Max."

I glance to Nolan, but he looks just as confused as me.

"Max is coming?" Caleb smiles.

Ben nods. "He really wants to see you. He's been going out of his mind because none of his friends are here."

"Who the fuck is Max?" Jason cuts in and licks the side of his mouth. "And why did you invite Paul, but not Simon?" He wipes his lips with the back of his hand.

Ben starts softly at the beginning, "Max is my brother. And Simon's away at some science camp. Paul was reluctant to come because none of the girls would be here. I had to convince him for a while." His tone changes when he mentions Paul.

Jason huffs and rolls his eyes. "Paul is such a dick," he says and runs his tongue over his bottom lip. "We aren't enough for him? What a hormonal bastard, honestly. If I ever become even remotely similar to him, hit me with your best shot. Give it your all."

Caleb raises his eyebrow. "Well, you already are a bastard," he mumbles, then looks up from his cup and lifts it to his lips. He takes a sip and exhales. "But some like it hot." He shrugs.

That crooked smile on Ben's face says how proud he is. Jason sticks his tongue out and raises his middle finger. And I sigh in relief because all that bickering and teasing and goofing and joking around is my safe haven. Just like I need to drink water every day to stay hydrated, I need to see those idiots make my day brighter.

"Well, it was kind of a compliment, asshole," Caleb snaps at Jason, but then gets an angry look from Ben. "Fine. Next time I'll say a-hole."

Ben raises his eyebrow.