AFTERMATH 1 - AFTER 3

A/N: I'm getting busier. There's lots to do in April, and in May I already have some exams, which means the chapters will be shorter. I still hope you'll stick with me. Next week I'm probably going to be a panicking mess, because responsibilities and because of my inability to find motivation. 

I hope you having the time of your life (at the least that you have something to look forward to or be happy about)

xoxo
& happy reading x)

yours truly

A             F              T              E              R              M            A            T             H

Chapter 1 – After three 

You might wonder, hmm, Luke, why are you not going to share anything from those three weeks. Fear not (but you can cry if you want), those three weeks have been filled with dangerous and bad decision, running away from my problems and all those beautiful drop-dead-gorgeous boys chasing me and it would just take too much energy to explain his all to you.

So, instead, I'll tell you the truth.

Devon and I got milkshakes one day. And I'm probably not going to be drinking milkshakes for a while, because as it turns out, I don't like milkshakes. But I do like milk. So, there you go.

And then we went to the movies. We were both pretty disappointed (emphasis on the pretty). I've also been working at the bookstore again. And now I can spend some dollar-dollar bills y'all! (And then cry because I'm broke. But I'll do that in secret only. I can't let a couple of weak-ass tears ruin my reputation.)

But, guess what, folks. I'm graduating.

All those times Heather's heart skipped a beat because her top student might fail. Well, she can be at peace with herself now, because yes, the bad boy is graduating, and the bad boy is going to have a fabulous life (without Heather).

More importantly, I'm going to attend one last party, celebrate all those miserable years of getting to punch whatever and whoever and facing the consequences (and facing those consequences was probably the highlight of everything, because then I got to learn something useful). The square root of happy forever is sad for a long time, which describes my high school experience just perfectly, and Math really is the ultimate language of the world, that of which I haven't mastered and never will.

"What's another words for sceptical?" Sam asks, tilting her head to the side. Her nails are bright blue today, perfectly painted. And today, she has decided to write crosswords with a blue ballpoint pen.

"Incredulous," I mutter and flip through messages on my phone. Last I texted Devon was yesterday. I don't want to seem too desperate, even though there's no denying that I am.

I am utterly, hopelessly desperate. It's almost sad.

The bell rings above the door and I glance up from my phone. My eyes spark up at the sight of Devon holding two cups of coffee, and I hope one of those is for me, because otherwise I'm about to slap a bitch (that bitch being a wall). I put my phone away immediately and straighten up.

"Can't go a day without seeing me, huh?" Sam kicks my ankle and I hiss at her, then stand up and rest my palms on the counter.

Devon hands one cup to Sam who beams at him in reply, and the other one he gives to me. I touch his hand on purpose as I take the cup and almost drop it. "Shit, this is hot!"