15 - hello blood. sweat. tears

[bear with me, there's an update below but first I have a lot to tell you]

A/N: Sorry for being missing is action, but i haven't disappeared, i'm still here. This song that you can see attached to this chapter is amazing and yes, I have officially watched all episodes of Peaky Blinders and as soon as it gets warm, i'm going to start wearing a capped hat (it's my great-grandfathers, vintage af). 

Secondly, I scrolled through notifications until it refused to load any further (i got to 4th Jan) and here are some people I want to thank for voting - ily: @MounicaRachel ; @nettere ; @1974sapphiredragon ; @Volades ; @the_unknown_lie ; @iamwhoiam483  ; @Echowbells and lastly @soggybandaid . Then there are those who read Blue Howard (and this amazes me so much that people still read, even though it's been over a year for sure since i finished it): @shoesizeis7 (for voting AND commenting, thank you, ily); @calmpilots ; @EmDramatics ; @RaveneJones ; @lunastar21 ; @SkyePage12 ; @Littlehedghog12 ; @shealyn10 ; @hotpocketsaretheshit ; @LucasCruz495 ; @ennythingsgood ; @Sleepy_Dreamcatcher . Some of you maybe have not finished reading, but just thank you so much for letting me know you're there - i assume you've read the chapter when you press vote). 

Thirdly, I don't know how often I'll be able to post because I would very much like to graduate this spring (well, in June), which means I have to write a thesis, which means I have to summon some unearthly forces to give me motivation. But I promise you, I will finish this story. (And I'll start writing chapter 16   today, so hopefully it'll be up soon). 

Happy reading, x) 

chapter 15 – hello blood. sweat. tears

Too many guys have tried to hit on Eileen, and she can't be bothered by any of them. Even the hotter ones don't interest her.

„Playing a psychologist here, huh?" Nolan asks, sliding next to me.

He's fighting today. Again. Neither of us is drinking. I'm still deciding whether I should fight or not. I'm not exactly in the mood to have my head smashed against a wall or something. I'd rather just sit back and relax.

"Observing," I mumble. Marcus's perfume is still the only thing I can smell, even though the windows have been open for a while.

Eileen is sitting in one of the armchairs, drink in hand. She looks almost sad. Maybe because she made an entrance and the person she wanted to notice it, didn't say that much. Maybe. I bet Ben knows what the deal is.

Nolan kisses my shoulder. "I love your brain," he says. "It's so interesting."

"I'm starting to think you're developing some cannibalistic appetites," I murmur, then sip my orange juice.