31.1 - good ultimatum

A/N: Since I am going to a birthday party and am therefore too excited to write, this chapter is in two parts (the other part isn't finished, because like I said, I'm too excited to write. All I want to do is dance.)

But you guys HAVE BEEN & CONTINUE TO BE AMAZING. I like you all very much, but like always, I bring out those of you who have read all those chapters very quickly and some of you have commented while reading. So, this time, the shoutout goes to cristinaxelena ; janisofia ; rejoicings ; Neil_Capalungan . Sorry if I forgot someone!! I APPRECIATE YOU ALL! 

This chapter is also shorter, but hopefully you'll like it nonetheless. The second part involves Devon, but I am in the middle of writing it (not quite in the middle, more at the beginning :D ).

And yes PLEASE - votes and comments. I don't reply to al the comments, but I read them all and some of them I read multiple times, and they make me smile and laugh and happy and proud. But if you really-really want me to reply, then give me a hint and I'll come up with something to say ;) (oh, and if you find mistakes, you can point them out)

Happy reading x)

(PS: I am aware of the mistake "two loaves of bread" – not loaves, but two slices of bread – but if I correct it, all the comments will be deleted, and I don't want those comments to disappear forever)

Chapter 31 – good ultimatum (part 1)

"You better make that call, Caleb," Jason warns, pointing his finger at poor Caleb who just woke up and came downstairs for breakfast. "Or I swear I'll hunt you down. You'll have your personal horror movie role, then."

Ben slaps the back of Jason's head, not taking his eyes off the magazine Eileen was flipping just yesterday. Fucking yesterday – why can't this magical yesterday be today? It's clear that no one wants to leave and go back to the miserable lives we lead. "Cut him some slack," Ben murmurs. Something catches his attention and he brings the magazine closer to his face.

Caleb, eyes wide open, takes a seat opposite from Jason who is rubbing the back of his head. "I was talking about summer," he explains. "You better invite us for real."

Nolan's spread across the table near the windows, one leg bent, the other rocking back and forth over the edge. He claimed to be sunbathing when I asked before. I told him it doesn't work like that – that you need to remove your clothes first, and then you maybe get tan. I realized my mistake, but that's how you learn, huh? From mistakes.

He replied with, "Why don't you do it?"

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Do what?"

"Take my clothes off," he replied, squinting in the only ray of sun that blessed the room with its presence, and gave Nolan somewhat golden hair. "Why don't you help a brother out?"

In response I shoved his leg off the table. "Manners, boy!" I said, pointing my index finger at him. He pretended to bite, then leaned back chuckling. Smirking, I left him there, and made breakfast.

Ben takes the bowl of cereal away from Caleb and replaces it with two sandwiches which sat on the table, untouched. I thought he'd made those for himself and was too busy reading (watching pictures of people in the magazine). But I was wrong, I think.

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day," Ben says absent-mindedly. He doesn't meet Caleb's eyes. "Say thank you." He smiles from eye to eye.