Chapter1

Mercedes POV
"Will the jury foreperson please stand? Has the jury reached a unanimous verdict?" The judge spoke.

The foreperson stood up before speaking.

"Yes.".

He walks to the clerk and hands him the verdict. The clerk passes it on to the judge who then reads it.

"The jury finds he defendant.." The judge handed back the verdict.

"Not guilty.".

I placed my hands on my chest and sighed.

My fingers were no longer sweater and I now feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulder.

"The jury is thanked and excused. Court is adjourned." The judge said dismissing us.

I'm so happy to be hearing this. After being in prison for 2 years, I need to get out. I can't be living this life no more. If so, I could get caught and be in the cell longer.
~~~~~~

"Mississippi State Penitentiary." I read out loud as I looked at it.

"Yeah, you better hope and pray that yo' as doesn't end up in there no mo'." My mother smacked her teeth.

Before I went to prison, my mama was her protective over me. She's always keep me safe and all that shit. When I met my ex boyfriend, he literally changed me. I got into doing drugs and I began working for him.

We both ended up getting caught but they didn't find him guilty at the time. So, I stayed in prison for two years whilst he he was enjoying life.

Looking at mama, I see how disappointed she is in me. Very disappointed. I messed shit up big time and it's time for me to change. I wanna be a good person and not get into trouble.

Even though I've been saying this since the age of 15, I really do mean it. It's been hard changing though. At the age of 13, my father died right in front of me. He got stabbed by a group of guys. I still think about him everyday.

At the age of 17, my mama finally found the perfect guy for her, Eric. He was a police officer. He was just the right person that my mom needed. He had to go to work because they had called him in to deal with a gang. Unfortunately, those people shot him too.

He was planning on marrying mama too which was the sad part. Ever since, she's been lonely. Just me and her.

I've tried getting her to go on dates but, she's refused. She doesn't want to. I just want my mom to be happy and to feel safe. It's not her fault that Eric had to die, it really isn't.

"Okay, we heading to mine. You've got a few things to pick up." She turned left.

"Like?" I furrowed my brows.

"Your car keys, your house and some clothes." She told me.

I slowly nodded my head.

Looking out of the windows, I noticed the familiar roads. As we pulled up to my mama's neighbourhood, it still looked the same. It was a quiet friendly neighbourhood.

"Welcome home baby girl." My mom hugged me.

I smiled and we walked into her house.

"Okay, I've got to go and get my beauty sleep. I've missed my bed." I pouted.

"If you need anything, I'm only a call away." My mama kissed my cheek.

"Your old enough now Mercedes. I don't want you to be in any trouble. I've just got you back, I don't wanna lose you again." She smiled at me.

"Mama, I won't be any trouble to you." I kissed her cheek back.

"I'm happy your back." She smiled at me before opening the front door so I can come out.

After waving at her, I unlocked my car and got inside. I've missed my baby so much. First stop I need to making is the trap first.

Driving there wasn't too long, only a good 20 or 25 minutes. Looking under the back seats, I took out my gun that I hid there. I tucked it into my coat and got out of my car walking to the door.

The security guard nodded at me and let me inside. I walked inside the trap and instantly smell weed and alcohol again. There were many hoes in here and many guys just smoking and dancing to music.

I shook my head and made my way to the boss' office. I knocked on the door and waited for an answer. The door opened and I saw his fine ass face again.

"Mercedes? You back?" He furrowed his brows as he zipped up his pants.

"Well, I'm standing here, ain't I Tariq?" I folded my arms.

I pushed the door open even more so I could come inside.

I saw a girl with red hair standing there with no clothes on.

"Get the fuck out." I demanded.

She quickly ran out of the room.

"Damn, I've missed your lil feisty ass so much." He came and wrapped his arms around my body.

"Shut the fuck up T!" I pushed him off of him.

"I just came to tell you that I'm back and that I'm quitting. I ain't risking my life no mo' just for you." I rolled my eyes.

I walked out of the office and saw all the hoes staring at me.

"What?" I spat back.

"No need to be rude bitch." One with green weave rolled her neck.

I got my gun out and shot her in her chest.

Everyone just stood there staring at me. I walked out of the trap and made my way home.
~~~~~~~~~~~

"Home sweet home." I threw myself on my bed.

I was happy to be home and now, I can focus on what I've always wanted to do. Interior designing.

When I was younger, I love designing my room and changing it whenever I had the chance too. I just love changing rooms and I know that people will love my designs.

Just as I wanted to close my eyes, my doorbell rang. I slipped on my slides and headed downstairs. Opening the door, my crazy ass best friend Honey stood there.

"MY BITCH!" She screamed whilst giving me a hug.

"Honey!" I grinned so hard.

"I can't believe your out!" She came inside

"I know right." I nodded my head.

I'm even happier now that my best friend is here. I've known Honey ever since we were in diapers. I love this girl so much that I even call her my sister.

For her to be here is what I really need right now.