Chapter15

Mercedes POV
"No Tariq! I'm not doing your dirty work!" I stormed out of his house.

"Come on Cey!" He ran after me like a lost puppy.

"Do not..call me Cey." I said calmly.

"Come on Cey one dirty work won't do shit!" Winter mimicked Romeo.

"You better hold yo' bitch back before I jump on her." I pointed at Winter.

"Get back inside the house." Tariq told her.

She mugged me and went inside.

"Just once and then I'll leave you alone." He stood forwards.

"No, I just came out like a couple months back and I don't need you to make things worse again." I shook my head.

"Look, just think about it. I've already set up 3 bags of money for you to take." He looked into my eyes.

"And if I take it and my mama sees it, she'd ask where I got it from. I can't lie to her, not again. I've broken her heart multiple times because of you!" I walked off.

"Just think about it, please?!" He shouted.

I put the finger up at him without looking back.

I got inside my car and drove off back home. I don't know what I was thinking but I wanted to do it. I haven't even spent the money that he had given me yet, well, not all of it.

If I get more, I could give some money to mama, Ms Leslie and the church. I wanna do good in my life again. I want to be good again. If I do, I gotta stay outta Tariq's way and he better stay outta mine.

Romeo POV
"Shit..!" Cey got off of me.

I watched as she walked to the bathroom to fix her hair.

"You wasn't as loud as before." I chuckled.

"Shut up.." She hit my chest.

"How's Raymond?" She asked.

I didn't say anything but then decided to talk.

"He's ight, at my grandma's house." I nodded my head.

"You okay about the whole thing?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about me." She smiled.

I wrapped my arm around her body and kiss her cheek.

"My birthday's in 3 months!" She squealed.

"Damn, it's only 3 months away." I laughed.

"I'm still excited though. I don't know what I wanna do." She walked back into my room.

"You'll think of something." I sat on the bed.

She grabbed my towel and a change of clothes then locked the bathroom door.

I've got everything planned for my baby's birthday. We gon' go to Paris and Imma have a hotel booked for her, she gon' do her shopping spree with Honey and then, they gon' head out to an nice restaurant to finish their day.

I wanna make her happy. As long as she's happy, then I'm happy.
*
*
"Everybody put your hands together for the birthday girl." I spoke through the mic.

It was a 20th birthday party.

I was just there doing my little talk then I was out of here. I needed to get home to see the finished room that I hired some guys to do for Raymond.

Wifey👑💍💗- where you at baby?

Me- I'm on my way home.

Wifey👑💍💗- could you bring me back some food?