Chapter31

Mercedes POV
"We're gonna work things out." I smiled.

"That's good." My mama gave me a hug.

"It's great!" Ms Leslie grinned.

"So where do y'all stand?" Honey asked.

Romeo gave me a kiss.

"Oh my shit!" Tawana got all hyped.

"That's my nigga!" Major clapped his hand.

Eddie just laughed and dapped Major.

"We're taking things slow. I just don't wanna move back in just yet." I told him.

"It's cool, I'm ready whenever you are. I'm always gonna be here waiting for you." He replied.

I'm so happy to have him back.

"Oh my gosh..!" I woke up.

I rubbed my eyes and smacked my teeth.

I just had the weirdest dream. Rome and I kissed?! I actually couldn't believe it. I love Romeo with all my heart but right now? I just gotta keep my distance. He's gonna keep on chasing me but that shows how much he loves a bitch.

I hopped outta bed and walked into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and then took a shower. Coming out of the bathroom, I heard Malachi cry. I went over to his crib and began to breastfeed him.

"Don't cry baby." I sighed and closed my eyes.

Once he was done, I got him changed too. Once I finished dealing with him, I got myself changed into my gym attire.

"Morning." My mom came into my room.

"Hey." I fixed the baby bag.

"You woke me up..?" She played with Malachi who just smiled.

"Really? I'm sorry he's always crying around this time." I placed my cap.

"Where you heading looking like that?" She asked.

"The gym." I carried Malachi downstairs.

"I told yo' ass, you don't need to lose weight." She placed her hand on my arm.

"You are beautiful the way you are, okay?" She kissed my forehead.

I nodded and smiled.

I pushed the stroller outside of the house with one hand as I held Malachi in the other. It wasn't sunset yet, still a little dark.

"You taking him to Romeo's?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna walk there." I nodded my head.

"Okay, call me when you get to the gym, I wanna know if your safe." She gave me a hug.

"Yes mom." I placed Malachi in his stroller.

After saying goodbye, I began to walk with the stroller as I pushed it.

As I was walking down the street, I could feel the warm air against my skin. It was a beautiful Friday morning today.
*
*
"Oh my.." I said out of breath.

I came out of the gym and drank my water.

I looked at the time and saw the bus going to the bus stop.

"I might aswell." I shrugged my shoulders.

Getting on the bus, it was packed so I stood beside this white man who just kept on staring at me.

I felt uncomfortable. It felt as if he was staring at my face, then my boobs, then my ass and then my face again.

There were different stenches on the buss. Everyone was literally glued to each other. The bus was going at a faster speed then stopped causing everyone to move to one side and going on to each other.

I felt the creepy ass squeezed my ass then smirk. I pushed his ugly ass away from me.

"You pedophile!" A woman shouted on the bus.

"Why are you touching the poor girl?!" Another man raged.

"Oh shut up..!" The man shook his head and went red.

I shook my head and got off of the bus.

From there, I just walked.

Romeo POV
"Where were you?" I asked Mercedes.

"I got on the bus then this white ole' dude squeezed my butt so I got off and walked all the way to here." She sat on the stool.

"Need me to drop you off?" I offered.

"Yes please, I'm tired of walking for a while." She took a deep breath.

She went over to Malachi who was in my arms.

"Hey baby boy." She grinned.

"Was he good?" She followed me.

"He was good, yeah." I smiled at Chai.

"When's Raymond finishing his trip?" She asked.

"Around 5." I slid on my Nike slides.

"Let's go." I grabbed the stroller.

We walked out of the house and I locked he front door.

We walked to my car and then I removed the car seat and placed it in the car with Malachi in it. I folded the rest of the stroller and placed it in the boot.

I opened the door for Cey and she got inside. I got in the other side and started the car then drove off.

"How was the gym?" I asked.

"Okay.." She shrugged.

"He needs to eat, he hasn't eaten since he woke up from his nap." I told Mercedes about Malachi.

She just nodded her head.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked her.

"Nothing, just tired, that's all." She sighed and closed her eyes.

I didn't say anything.

She seemed a little upset about something but I don't know what.