S C H I Z O P H R E N I A

Schizophrenia~a long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behavior, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation.

*your name shall be Mya💜*
*************
Odell's POV
"Alright, Mr. Beckham, are you ready?"the psychologist asked, adjusting her skirt. I closed my eyes, laying back on the brown leather seat. I nodded.

"Whenever you're ready." "It was 11:43pm. Exactly. I was on the way back to our house from dropping the kids off at my moms. She told me not to leave because she was scared but I said I'll only be 10 minutes and she'll be fine. Knowing she couldn't be alone for a long period, I locked her in one room, by herself, thinking it would help. It didn't."

"Damnit"I cursed, stepping on the gas pedal harder. "Fuck, Mya, come on."I angrily growled, throwing the phone in the passengers seat. This is literally my 27th time calling her. I know I put the phone in with her, I'm not that stupid.

I swerved into the driveway and quickly took the keys out the ignition, rushing out my car to get in the house. "Mya!"I yelled, slamming the door behind me. I heard this constant banging into the wall in the room where I locked her. "Shit."I silently said, running upstairs and to the room. I quickly opened it and saw that everything was everywhere and she sat in the corner banging her head into the wall.

"Mya"I said quietly, walking over to her. "You need to go."she whispered. "Now." "Why, baby?"I asked, squatting to her level. "Because"she said, slowly turning around and pointed to the bathroom door. "She's gonna take you. She said it. I don't want her to take you, Odell."she calmly said, yet tears falling out her eyes. "Baby, who? Who is she? Nobody's there."I said, walking over to the bathroom door.

"Excuse me for interrupting, Mr. Beckham, but has this happened before. You know, the 'she' thing, has that occurred before that?" "Uh, yea a couple times I guess. It was never that serious though. I've just always seen her in a corner just mumbling to herself and I'd ask who she was talking to and she just said 'her' and pointed somewhere." She hummed, clicking her pen. "You may continue."

"No, she's gonna take you!"Mya screamed, leaping over the bed to grab my arm before I walked into the bathroom. "Don't you see her?"she cried, looking into the bathroom. "Mya, nobody's there. Nobody's gonna take me, ok? I just need you to calm down. Did you take your pills?"I asked, looking over to the dresser and they were indeed still there.

"Mya."I sighed, pulling her over to the dresser. "I told you to take these." "Shhhh!"she harshly said, looking around. "Do you hear that?"she whispered. "Hear what?"I asked, looking around. "She's talking. To me. You gotta be quiet."she said very quietly.

She began to listen intently, the terrified expression on her face was evident. "Mya, what's wrong?"I asked, trying to get an understanding of why she looked the way she did. "I can't."she said to me, tears in her eyes. "You can't what, baby?" "I can't take those. She told me." "Who told you?" She pointed directly in front of where she was standing.

"Why can't you? Ask her why you can't." "Because she's gonna kill me if I do." "She's not gonna kill you, Mya. She's not real, ok? She can't do anything to you." "No, she can. She will. She has. When you left me, she hurt me."she said, showing me the scratches on her arm. "Mya"I said, examining them. She had to do it to herself.

"Mya, you have to take them. You have to. It'll make you feel better."I said. "No!"she screamed and ran away. "Mya!" She ran down the stairs and I followed behind her. "Mya, stop!"I yelled but she continued. "Heather said it! She told me!"