Chapter 6

I walked inside school and looked around for Jesse. I finally found him and he was leaned up on a locker talking to some girl. I rolled my eyes and walked over to Elias and Mekhi.

"Problem in paradise"Elias smirked looking over at Jesse.

"No, I never really liked him anyways"I rolled my eyes and then walked to class.

I sat down at my original spot in front of the boys. The bell finally rung and Jesse sat down next to me. He tried to grabbed my hand but I moved it away from him.

"What's wrong?"He asked and I rolled my eyes ignoring him.

Class was finally over and I rushed out the the classroom. I seen Jesse talking to the boys and he suddenly walked over to me. I tried to walk away but he grabbed my arm.

"I'm not gonna chase after you Thea. You better tell me what's wrong"

"Who was that girl?"

"What girl?"He asked confused.

"The girl you were talking to earlier at your locker"

"She's some random broad. She was talking to me about tutoring her but I don't do that type of stuff"He shrugged making me nod.

"I have to go"I said pulling away from him.

"Please don't tell me your still mad"

"I'm not. Promise"

"Ok"He said and I pecked his lips and then walked away.

<>

"Why are we at the mall again?"Jesse asked with an attitude.

"Because our moms birthday is coming up so get rid of your attitude"I told him.

"Whatever"He rolled his eyes.

"Foreal man. We been here forever and y'all still didn't find anything"Elias groaned.

"Let's get food"Mekhi said.

"I like that option"I smiled. We walked to the the food court and some guy touched my behind.

"You look sexy. Can I get your number?"He asked but I continued to keep walking. I turned around and Mekhi was holding a gun to his head.

"Mekhi! Put the gun down"I said running over to them. Two men came out of the blue and Jesse and Elias pulled out guns.

"I should put a bullet in your skull"Mekhi said angrily while people in the food court ran.

"Please put the gun down Mekhi"I pleaded and he looked over at me and then put the gun down.

"I'll see you around"He winked at me and then began to walk away. Mekhi pulled out his gun and shot him the leg. He walked away before I could say anything. I ran up to him and pushed him.

"Are you out of your mind Mekhi? We're in a public place and you pull out a gun"I yelled in his face.

"We need to go Thea before the police comes"He said nonchalantly and then walked off.

<>

"Are you crazy Mekhi! In a mall"My mom yelled as Quincy laughed.

"What's is funny quincy?"She yelled and then slapped him making him look at her in shock.

"Your so in trouble Elias. Why do you have gun?"Jazmine said pulling him by his ear.

"Ow ma! Quincy gave it to me"He said trying to move his hand.

"How could you give three fourteen year olds guns quincy?"My mom yelled slapping him again.

"Ma! The man touched Thea's butt"Mekhi stated.

"Ok and. You should've told your father"

"It shouldn't matter who I tell. I should be able to protect my own sister"He said angrily and then walked away.

"Your sleeping on the couch tonight"My mom said pointing at Quincy making him frown. I walked upstairs and into Mekhi's room.

"Are you ok?"I said sitting next to him on the floor.

"No! They always wanna baby me and I'm tired of it. Why shouldn't I be able to protect you? I might've did it the wrong way but still?"

"Maybe if you just talk to them about how you feel then-"

"My mom might care but my dad won't. He just tells me to suck it up and move on"

"You can always try"I smiled at him and he smiled back.