Chapter 35

"Guess what"My mom said coming into my room.

"What?"

"Cori got pregnant and Jesse's the father"

"Are you serious?"I asked in shocked.

"Yea but she's gonna have to stay here until she has the baby"

"Why?"I asked. Me and cori don't get along so that wouldn't even be a good idea.

"My brother kicked her out so she's gonna be living here. Her grandparents on candy's side said they would take her in after she had the baby"She explained.

"So I have to endure her for 9 months"I said putting my head in my hands.

"Yea but you guys should try to work out your problems"

"She's the problem ma. She always starting with me and trying to get a reaction out of me"

"Then don't give her the satisfaction Thea. Just worry about you and Mercedes"

"Watch as soon as he come here, she's gonna try and flirt with him"I said thinking about what happened with Jesse.

"I'm pretty sure Mercedes knows better"

"Jesse didn't"

"Well Jesse isn't Mercedes, now is he?"

"No"I said shaking my head.

"Hi Ms. Mitchell"Mercedes said coming out the bathroom after his shower.

"Don't call me that. You make me feel old. Call me Jayda"

"You are old ma"I said making her pinch my arm.

"I'm not old"She said getting up and leaving out my room making sure the door was wide open.

"I'm not Jesse, ok? I'm not gonna hurt you and try to get with your cousin"Mercedes said sitting next to me.

"Hi Thea"Cori smiled coming into my room and sitting at my computer desk.

"Hi cori"I said putting on a fake smile.

"Who are you?"

"Why does it matter to you?"Mercedes answered.

"Because I wanna know. I've been seeing you around"

"And you would know that I'm with Thea"

"But I want you"She whined.

"Stop acting like that. I hate man stealers"My mom said coming out of nowhere and dragging cori out my room.

"Oh and Mercedes"My mom said coming back in the room.

"Yes"

"Can you get the mop out the side of the house? Zenobia just threw up all over the place"

"Sure and is she ok"He asked.

"Yea, she's just sick. Bring the mop to the kitchen"She said walking out the room.

"I'll be right back"He said pecking my lips and walking out the room.

I've been sitting in my room waiting for Mercedes for half an hour and he still hasn't come in. I was about to get up when I heard a gunshot. I ran out my room and out the door.

"Thea no!!"I heard my mom yell as I ran to the side of the house. I went inside the storage room and Mercedes was on the floor holding his chest as blood poured out.

"Not again"I mumbled as tears welled up in my eyes.

"T-Thea"He stuttered out reaching for me.

"Hold on Mercedes"I said grabbing a towel and bending down to his level. I put his head in my lap and put the towel on his wound adding pressure making him groan.

"Oh my gosh! I'll go call the ambulance"My mom said running out.

"Who did this to you Mercedes?"I asked stroking his hair.

"I-It was J-Jesse"He said and it took those three words for anger to take over my whole body but I calmed myself down because Mercedes needed me.

"I-I love you T-Thea"He said choking up blood.

"No Mercedes. I'm not losing you"I said as tears come down my face.

"The ambulance is here"My mom yelled as the paramedics followed her. I looked down to see that his eyes were close.

"Mercedes"I said shaking him but he wouldn't wake up.

Not again.

------------------
Read my new story called within💞