Chapter 15

I woke up to sniffing from the room connected to mines and instantly got up. I walked through the door and seen Mekhi wiping his eyes.

"What's wrong bro?"I whispered sitting on the bed next to him.

"It's nothing Thea"

"Mek-"

"Please leave me alone Thea. You wouldn't even care anyways"He said laying back on the bed.

"I would care Mekhi. I care about you a lot, more then anyone. You the only that's been there for me and I want to do the same"

"It's just that I can't stop thinking about that night. My best friend was gun downed right in front of me and got killed. I couldn't save him and I've been feeling guilty ever since"He said.

"It's not your fault. He had a gun to his head and if you did anything you both would've died. He wouldn't want you living in guilt"I said laying my head on his stomach.

"Thanks Thea. I love you"

"I love you too"

<>

I woke up to a empty bed and got up. I went to my room and got myself together. I walked downstairs and went to the kitchen. My mom walked in after me and she had a slight limp to her walk.

"Ma, you good"I smirked already knowing what wassup.

"Shut up Thea. I'm about to make breakfast"

"Where's Mekhi?"I asked sitting down at the counter.

"They should be here- looks like their outside"She said looking at her phone. I got up and went to the door unlocking it. I opened the door and Mekhi walked in with his head down and a hood over his head.

"Mek-"

"I don't wanna talk about it"He said walking away. I followed him up to his room and opened the door.

"Mekhi tell me what's wrong"I said and he took off his hood making me put my hand over my mouth in shock.

"What happened to your hair?"

"He cut it all off as my punishment. I should've known since he was eager to take me to the barber shop"He said.

"I'm sorry Mekhi"

"It'll grow back but be careful. He ain't forget about you, he got me and momma already"

"Ok Mekhi"I said walking out his room and going into my room. There my dad was sitting on my bed with a regular belt.

"I'm not gone go hard on you since this is your first punishment and because you a girl"He said. I ran out my room and went into Mekhi's running into him and clinging on him.

"Mekhi save me. He's gonna beat me"I cried out.

"Just take it Thea. It won't hurt that bad"My dad said walking into the room.

"Let her off the hook dad"Mekhi said.

"Then that wouldn't be fair. You got your punishment now she needs to take hers"He said pulling me away from Mekhi.

"I'm sorry Thea"He said as our dad walked me to my room.

"It's fine"I said since it really wasn't his fault. It was my doing.