Chapter 12

It's been two weeks and I'm finally out the hospital. Elias got released before me and he rubbed it all in my face.

"Why are we here? I wanna go home"I said to Quincy. We were outside his house.

"Listen. There's some things you need to know"

"Then tell me"

"I am-"He got cut off by his phone dinging.

"Your mom is having the baby"He said quickly backing out of the driveway.

We made it to the hospital and got out the car.

"How is that possible dad? She's only 7 months"Mekhi said as we walked in.

"Don't you think that's what I'm trying to find out"Quincy yelled. He walked away and we sat down in the waiting room.

"I'm going to assist your mom. I'll come out and tell you when the baby is born"Quincy said and we nodded. He walked away and we just sat there waiting for the baby to be born.

<>

It's 12 at night and we've been sitting here for hours. Like it really takes this long to have a baby.

"The baby is here"I heard Quincy say. We got up and went to her maternity room.

We walked in and my mom was holding the baby looking at her with adoration.

"She has grey eyes quincy"My mom said making me gasp in shock.

"How did she get grey eyes?"Quincy said with confusion. He walked over to the baby and looked in her eyes.

"What will you name the baby?"The nurse asked.

"Zenobia Valentine Brown"My mom said with a smile.

"Why Zenobia?"Mekhi asked.

"My mom said if I ever had girls, name them Thea and Zenobia. I wasn't gonna do that but now that she's gone, it's a memory of her"My mom said as her eyes watered.

"Don't make your mom cry. We just had a baby"Quincy said.

"I feel left out momma. My name is just Mekhi"My brother whined.

"Shut up Mekhi"I said shoving him.

"Is she here yet?"I heard a man yell. I looked over to see a dark skinned man with dreads.

"Jahron! I thought you left"My mom smiled.

"I couldn't miss the birth of....."

"Zenobia"I said.

"Thea!!"He said running over to me and hugging me tightly.

"Who are you?"I asked confused as he let me go.

"I'm Jahron. One of your moms friends"

"Why do you look so familiar?"I squinted my eyes.

"You may know me as PARTYNEXTDOOR"He said and my eyes widen.

"Oh my gosh. Sing for me"I yelled and my mom glared at me.

"Not right now but later"He said and I nodded.

"Wassup Jah"Mekhi said dapping him up.

"Can you go now?"Quincy said.

"Quincy"My mom warned hitting him.

"So when can we take turns holding the baby"I said trying to change the subject.

<>

We all had took turns holding the baby and I was scared to hold her. Me and Mekhi were sitting in the waiting room waiting for Quincy to take us home.

Some boy walked in with flowers and a teddy bear. He looked about my age and was cute.

Quincy came out the room and dapped him up. "I just came to say congratulations and I wanted to give this to your wife"He said giving the stuff to Quincy.

He looked over at me and I looked away. "Who is that dad?"Mekhi asked.

"This is Mercedes. He works for me"

"He looks a little young"

"Age is just a number"Mercedes said.

"Well I'm Mekhi and this is my sister Thea"Mekhi said dapping him up.

"Wassup"He said to me and I nodded.

"Well I have to go. Imma catch you later Quincy"He said and Quincy nodded. He looked at me again and then walked away.

"Jahron is gonna take y'all to the house"

"Why do I have to stay there Quincy?"I asked.

"You think your ready to hear this Thea"He asked and I nodded.

"Andrew isn't your dad. I am"

"What! How?"I asked as tears filled my eyes.

"When you needed a blood transfusion, his DNA didn't match yours but mines did. The results were printed wrong 14 years ago"He said and tears started to fall down my face.

"So your my real father"I asked and he nodded.

"This is why your gonna be staying with us. We don't want Andrew to take you again"

"You guys ready. Oh, I'm sorry if I'm inter-"Jahron said but I cut him off.

"You good. I'm ready to go anyways"I said standing up.

There is just so much lies that it's making me hard to trust anything anyone says.