Chapter 17

"O God, whose beloved Son did take little children into his arms and bless them:
Give us grace, we beseech thee,to entrust this child N. to thy never-failing care and love,and bring us all to thy heavenly kingdom;through the same thy Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, one God,now and for ever. Grant to all who mourn a sure confidence in thy fatherly care, that, casting all their grief on thee, they may know the consolation of thy love. Amen"The pastor finished off.

The funeral was finally over and everyone was in tears. My mom couldn't stop crying and no one couldn't calm down my dad. Elias didn't even show up because he didn't want to see his best friend/cousins dead body. I just sat here numb. I didn't cry. I barely listened to the pastor. I got my brother killed and that's all that ran through my brain each second.

It was my fault. I shouldn't have told him about Jesse. I should be able to fight my own battles instead of involving people and now my brother is dead. He was my everything. We may haven't known each other for that long but that was my twin. We had a connection and now it's gone. I can't feel him anymore. I just feel cold. I always felt warm but now I'm just cold. All I think about is how I'm gonna torture Jesse in the worst way possible. He was M. I. A since that day of my brothers death. I had to sit there and watch him die. I can't bring him back. He was the light to everyone's happiness but now that's gone. I feel like I'm in a dark hole that I can't get out of. I feel like murdering someone. I feel like going on a killing spree.

"Thea!! Thea!!!"I heard my mom call and I looked up.

"It's time to b-bury h-him"She stuttered out as more tears fell down her face. She instantly walked away from me. I guess she went to get herself together. I got up and walked out the funeral home. I started to walk down the street to god knows where.

It's been an hour and everyone has been blowing up my phone. I turned it off and continued walk. I stopped walking and stood at a cemetery. The very cemetery were my brother is getting buried. I seen a crowd of people and walked over there but didn't bother to get to close because I didn't want anyone to see me. I hid behind a tree and watched as they lowered him to the ground. My mom tried to stop them but my dad held her back as her loud cries filled the cold air. I slid down the tree and sat there as tears came down my face.

"Thea"I heard someone call and looked up to see Elias.

"W-What are you doing here?"I asked wiping my face.

"The same as you"He said sitting down next to me.

"I'm truly sorry Elias"

"For what"He said looking confused. And that's when I seen how red and splotchy his face looked.

"I'm sorry for getting him k-killed"I said as more tears came down my face.

"It's not your fault. It's the person who killed him. By the way, who did"

"J-Jesse"I stuttered out and his light skinned face instantly turned even redder out of anger.

"I'm so sick and tired of this little bastard"He yelled angrily as tears came down his face.

"He killed my best friend. He killed the only person who understood me. And I swear he's gonna pay for what he did Thea. I don't know how but he's gonna pay"He said and I nodded as I laid on his shoulder.

I will avenge my brothers death and there will be hell to pay.

----------------------

R. I. P to Mekhi😭😩

He was honestly my favorite character. He was full of life even tho he mean mugged everyone.😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭