Chapter 7 | New

(I dedicate this chap to my partner in crime, sibanshee for supporting me and for being an amazing friend! 💚)

Chapter 7 | New

I never thought I would be doing this but I am. After he had saved me last night, I grabbed him with all my effort and carried him to the castle. Lumière and Cogsworth helped me immediately and he was placed in his gigantic bed. I had never seen his room before and it was in the west wing of the castle.

Right now, he was sleeping peacefully and I had changed to clothes that Mrs. Potts had offered to me. They were soft and they smelled like old newspaper. It was nice and warm. I walked over to the window, opening the curtains and let the sunlight in. The warm rays reached inside the room and fell on his face. His body was tucked neatly under the beige blanket.

For a moment, I stood there, admiring his face carefully. They were pale, like porcelain, and they shined, almost glittering under the sun rays. His dark red lips matched the colour of the rose I had seen last night. But, I couldn’t see his blue eyes.

I kind of liked his eyes.

Wait.

Did I just say that?

No.

Ok, let’s just forget I said that.

Ok?

Ok.

“Are you going to stop staring?”

I jumped at the sound of his voice, his sleepy morning voice and I blinked, calming my speeding heart.

“I wasn’t staring.” I said that firmly, and he opened his eyes. Immediately, butterflies erupted in my stoma—Wait, this is new. Since when did this started happening?

“Yeah, sure darlin’.” He said sarcastically.

I blushed at the sound of that nickname rolling smoothly out of his tongue, and it was not helping when his voice was so husky and low. Trying to drop the subject, I grabbed the warm towel on the plate and placed it on his forehead, feeling him relax under the towel.

“Helping me now? Where’s that feisty little woman?”

“I still hate you.” I reminded him and he laughed, a light one, and his full rows of teeth showed. My eyes widened when I was met with silver teeth, but I made sure not too look so closely to make him angry. “Thank you for saving me, last night.”

He dropped his laughter, and his fell on me. As if on cue, my heart beat started increasing. “I’m sorry for entering the west wing last night. I was curious. I shouldn’t have done that.”

He grinned, before he lifted himself up, and I immediately reached forward, helping him lean against the bed, the blanked dropped to his torso and huge deep gash on his chest made me feel guilty.

I immediately reached for another towel and wiped across his chest, removing the blood stains, and placed the towel away. I heard voiced behind me and I looked behind to see Chip and Mrs. Potts.