Chapter 16 | Woo Me

(A/N; Check out my new chap in How To Love The Joker. Its funny I swear.)

Chapter 16 | Woo Me

Once we were in the center of the dance floor, the lights dimmed down until it was just me and him who can be seen and I realised it must have been Chip’s doing. That boy.

“Do you know how to dance Ms. Quinn?” He asked.

“I won a beauty paegent back in my town. Of course I know how to dance.” I boasted proudly and Jack narrowed his eyes at me in wonder. I continued, just to tease him. “And my date happened to be a handsome blonde who was just trying to woo me the whole time.”

A growl left his lips and we started dancing, with him twirling me around and I enjoyed each step, feeling free and feeling beautiful in his passionate gaze.

“Your lips look lonely, would they like to meet mine?” He asked, dipping me on my back hard, making sure that it hurt me a little and I glared at him playfully, getting the message.

He was jealous.

“No thank you.” I said, winking and he pulled me up.

“If you don’t like the kiss, you can return it back.” He said, pulling me closer towards his face and I smiled smugly.

“What are you trying to do?” I asked, and he gave me a wide grin.

“I’m trying to woo you, Ms. Quinn.”

“Good luck Mr. Napier.” I said and he twirled me around all of a sudden to which I gripped on his shoulder tightly. He laughed and I whacked his shoulder before chuckling together with me.

“Are you art? Because I want to nail you up against a wall.” He said.

Immediately I blushed and looked down, he let his hand on my waist tickle me and I looked up at him.

“Look at me.” He said, and I nodded, feeling transfixed by his enchanting gaze, wanting to be trapped in it forever.

“You may fall from the sky.” He paused. “You may fall from the tree.” He paused again, his eyes twinkling with mischief. “But the best way to fall is in love with me.”

I laughed, feeling warm all inside at his attempts and we moved across the dance floor, forgetting the world around us as we gripped tightly onto each other, never breaking our gaze as we grinned happily.

Everything was perfect.

Suddenly he frowned and I frowned at his frown.“There’s something in my eye. Can you see it?” He asked and I looked closely into his eyes, concentrating hard not melt under his gaze. “It’s my love for you.”

My eyes went wide and I knew he was joking when suddenly he grinned at my expression. “You are good.” I said, as he twirled me around again.

“Do you mind taking off your clothes?” He asked and I raised my eyebrows. “I would love to see how angels hide their wings.”

I was about to reply when suddenly he continued.

“I’m so tall, you don’t even have to get on your knees.”

“Wha—”

“They say your tongue is the strongest muscle in the body. Want to fight?”

“St—”

“How do you spell me?” He paused this time and I sighed, our body still moving in synchronisation as we danced across the ballroom.

“M. E.” I said, confused at what he was trying to do.

“You forgot the D.”

“There is no D in me.”

“Not yet.” He winked and I blinked before realisation hit me like a truck and I laughed, feeling happy. “Can I punch you in the face?” I asked to which his eyes widened. “With my lips?”

“You may.”

Our lips crashed onto one another and I savored each moment of it, enjoying the way his lips moves against mine, making me heart do gymnastics like a olympian. Kissing his was so addictive and if I could, I would kiss him all day. His hands stayed on my hips, pulling me close and my stomach tingled in excitement and joy. We pulled away and stared at each other, never wanting to break the gaze.

We had stopped dancing halfway through the kiss and the music had already ended. The hands on my hips glided down and reached my hands and he held them before dragging me away.

“Where are we going?”

“To the bedroom.” He winked and my eyes widened. “I’m just kidding.”

“You are a prick.” I said playfully and teased him, while he laughed, grabbing a basket on the table and continued walking. The way his hand fit in mine was just like it was meant to be and I blushed thinking of how much had happened this past month.

We stepped outside, entering the garden and at night, the garden was amazing, the starry night sky, everything was just perfect.  There was the heavenly stars above and a crescent moon to smile down. The moon hung full and hazy beneath an eclipse of blazing stars. The stars and the moon shone brighter in the sky, as if to remind us that even in the darkness there is light.

Is it just me or I feel more awake at night?

The chill air making my skin cold, making goosebumps erupt all over, the starry night illuminating across the midnight sky, it was just beautiful and it made me feel more alive than the day.

At a few distance, I spotted a river. It was glistening under the moonlight. It flowed like time, always onward, always toward its destiny. I felt at home for a second, the beautiful scenery and a beautiful man on my side. I remember calling him hideous the first time round. How things have changed.

I stepped on the rich soil at the edge of the river and Jack looked at me, giving me a smile.

●●●

Hey!

I actually wanted her to wear the classic yellow gown but then changed my mind in the last min. Hehe. BLUE AND PINK ALL THE WAY. XD

Check out my How To Love The Joker book! I updated it! 💚

Comment, vote and share.