End Of 2012

"We are having a cute concept? Really, why hyung?" Yongguk asked, flabbergasted.

You gazed towards Yongguk and could clearly sense the awkward atmosphere in the studio now. Just a moment ago everyone was having fun and recording stuff for fun. Then Manager Kang showed up and had a message regards to their next comeback.

The boys looked at their leader and they were surprised to see him react this way. Yongguk hadn't once questioned their concepts, since their debut. Manager Kang was about to answer Yongguk's question, but Yongguk spoke up once more.

"Our concept is hiphop, we have a tough concept. Why are we going to do cute concepts suddenly?" He asked.

Yongguk rubbed the back of his neck and let out a deep sigh, of frustration. He genuinely wanted to know why their Director and CEO wanted them to do a different concept. You wanted to hold Yongguk's arm and calm him down, but you knew to also give him his space at times like this. 

The boys were also curious as to why, they were suddenly going to have a cute concept. Warrior, Power and No Mercy were a hardcore and edgy style of music. The members thought that they would stick to one kind of concept.

"Boys, listen to me." Manager Kang spoke up.

"I'm not the one to make the decisions. All I know is that, Mr. Kim Tae Song, wants to promote a cute concept for you guys this time." He said.

"But why hyung, I like our cool concepts." The youngest said.

"I heard that it's because the CEO wants you boys to get more fans in Korea. Your concept is different from the other boy groups, hence the Korean people aren't quite used to this style of music, where your lyrics are about the society. No disrespect Yongguk-ah." Manager Kang said as he looked towards Yongguk.

Yongguk looked down on the ground, he was just too surprised. He really just wanted to stick with the concept that they already had. It was more him, more his style. He wanted to make music about the injustices in the society, the corrupt system and the issues that people don't want to speak about. 

He wanted to create awareness of those issues, to the fans. He wanted to deliver messages through their music and write meaningful lyrics.

"Yongguk, you guys can sing those songs you always have, you can write those songs you want to next time." Manager Kang said.

"Well, I understand why they want us to have a cute concept." Youngjae interrupted.

Yongguk looked up at the younger member, who was a bit hesitant to say his mind, but opened up nonetheless. Yongguk listened intently to his group member.

"What I want to say is that I understand it. We need to get more promotions, in order to get more fans and a lot of Korean girls like the cute concepts." Youngjae added.

"I understand it too." Daehyun added and looked at his friend, Youngjae.

"Just like Youngjae said, we need to make a few cute concepts so that we can get more fans." He said.

"I noticed that the fans ask us a lot for a cute concept." Jongup said.

The boys looked at their leader, who had been silent for a while now. You too didn't quite know what to say to this. It was after all Yongguk's work. It was his lane and the boys. You knew that Yongguk wasn't much for doing cute stuffs. So you were worried for him.

"Yongguk think carefully about it." Himchan said.

Everyone seemed to agree that they should try for a cute concept. However, it was too much for Yongguk to swallow right now.