Emotionally Connected

My Mysterious New Neighbor 

Chapter 78: Emotionally Connected 

The lights were dimmed, the windows were closed, the bass filled the room and he sat in front of the studio. He nodded along to the beat that he was mixing and the music filled his soul. He closed his eyes and leaned back.

Once he listened to the sound, he stood in the recording room with the white piece of paper in his hands that read the lyrics to his latest self- composed song. Then the words began to pour out his mouth with his heartfelt voice and each word had a huge impact.

The moment the beat began and he opened his mouth and rapped the first line, you walked into the studio room. However, as soon as you heard the beat and his deep voice rapping, you froze at door. You stood silently and gazed out on him. Your body shuddered as you listened to the deep and dark lyrics.

Eyes that have become bloodshot

I rub my eyes to clear them up

I dip my body in cold water

and raise the music's volume

I ask my reflection in the mirror

"Who are you tonight?"

The sound of everyone's laughter

approaches me in my dreams as tears

I'm just laying down next to you

The bass I hear to this, the familiar drum

You're awake, this is my turn

Yeah I can tell you anything right

Don't believe that person, that person, that person, or you

I can't tell you anything no more

I crumple you onto the bed as if I was running away

A sleepless night

Everyone has happy dreams

Except you

Souls who are only sleek with words

Told you enough lies

Pretending to not know, this is enough

Leave instead, I'll hold onto your hand

Why just laugh, why are you just laughing

My heart hurts

My heart hurts when I see you

Where have the innocent smiles from our youth gone to

My grandfather smiles at us as a star

I'll stay next to you, force yourself to smile

You heard him out, without disturbing him till he was done. Silence was over the room, when the beat ended and his voice. He still for a moment in the small recording room. He hadn't noticed you. He was quiet for seconds and seconds. Then he finally looked out and saw you through the glass window.

Yongguk froze for a second, when he saw you standing in the studio room and you were looking him in the eyes. He swallowed hard, and finally the corners of his mouth curved up, upon seeing you. But his smile never reached his eyes, like they used to.

Your brows slightly furrowed as you looked on him, and noticed his half-smile that wasn't his same old gummy-smile. Yongguk took off the headsets, and placed it on the microphone stand. He grabbed the lyrics paper and stepped out of the small recording room, that could only fit 5-6 people.