Rainy Days

The rain was pouring down, while you were pacing around in your living room, thinking and sighing over and over. You could hear the heavy rain hit your window and all you could do was think about Yongguk, about the trip and all that had happened. 

The both of you got back from the trip a few days ago and you hadn't heard from him since, not a single call or message was left in your phone and you finally sat down on your couch. A faint sound from cars could be heard and you looked outside the window and at the skies. It was dark and the stars were visible and you were alone home.

A moment later you could hear the sound of footsteps from the hallway, the sound became clearer and clearer the closer it got to your door. You quickly got up from your seat and walked towards your door. 

The sound became faint not and you looked through your key-hole. You saw his foot before, he completely disappeared. He walked got into his apartment now. You leaned against the door and took a deep breath before opening the door and entering the hallway.

You were wearing dark clothes, black pants and shirt with a black cardigan on and you walked out in the dim hallway and up the stairway to his floor. You stood in front of his door and your mouth suddenly felt dry and you swallowed your saliva. 

You stood with your hand on his door, ready to knock, but almost hesitating whether you should knock on his door or not. It was pretty late after all and maybe he came back from work and was tired. He had probably worked the past days and that's why he didn't have time to see you or write to you, or maybe he was feeling down, because he met his ex-girlfriend on the trip and wanted some time alone. You sighed, because you knew he was the type, who hid his emotions...

I should go back you thought and pulled a step away.

You turned around and were about to walk down the stairways, back to your apartment, to your comfort zone and silence. The door suddenly opened and he came out. Your foot stopped from taking the first step down the stairway and you turned around to look. He walked out into the hallway and gazed at you and you licked your dry lips.

There was a silent moment and all you could hear was the rain hitting the roof of the building and a faint sound of music coming from his apartment.

Was he composing music?

He finally broke off the silence.

"Why are you awake? Its late" he said with his deep voice and you bit your lips.

That was his first sentence.

"I couldn't sleep" you said in a faint voice.

"Come inside" he said.

Yongguk walked back inside his apartment and you stood there for a moment again re-thinking whether or not you should have come. Maybe you interrupted him and you didn't want to seem like a bad girlfriend, who clings on to her boyfriend. Most of all you didn't want to be like his ex-girlfriends. You despised those girls, for hurting him and treating him bad with emotional torture.

It was dark inside his apartment and there was only one lamp on. Yongguk walked into the kitchen and got something warm to drink for you.

You sat down on his couch in the living room and waited for him to come and sit down beside you.

"What were you thinking about since you couldn't sleep?" he said and handed you the warm tea.

He sat down in front of you and it was so dark inside his apartment that you could see the hot steam from the tea. You blew on it and took a sip before answering him.