Words Of Wisdom

My Mysterious New Neighbor

Chapter 82: Words Of Wisdom

It felt like time always went by fast, and things happened fast, and you had to just move with the waves and follow along.

Your first semester had begun, and you were taking your first lessons. You were happy with the course you had decided to take. You liked your school as well, and you felt glad that you could do what you liked to do, drawing.

One thing that was really hard was the fact that your boyfriend was overseas, and his tour was still on. It was by far their longest tour.

Yongguk hadn't been home for weeks, and you could hardly get to talk to him, because of the different time zones, your busy school, and his work, and rehearsals.

You swung your bag over your shoulder and hurried down the hall, getting out of the school. Your school hours were quite long. Most of the time you felt drained, and you couldn't wait to get home to eat something warm and delicious.

You sighed, when you remembered the mess you had made in your room in the morning, because you couldn't find your shirt. You had to clean up your room, but you were just so tired.

You wondered what time it was at his place now, and you pulled your phone up as you sat down in the seat in the bus. You sat near the window, and placed your bag on your lap. You opened your contact list and stared at his caller id.

'Bang <3'

You sighed once more, and finally rang him up. You hoped that he wasn't busy at the moment. The call went through, and you bit on your bottom lip as you waited for him to answer the call.

Seconds passed by, and he hadn't picked up the call. You sighed again, and cut the call. You put your phone back in your bag, and stared out the window.

It was a hot summer day, and you could feel the burning rays of the sun through the window of the bus. You reached your hand up, and covered your eyes, whilst looking down.

The buss came to a halt at your destination and you stepped off. You walked on the pedestrian, down to your apartment complex.

You furrowed your brows when you heard your ringtone, and you frantically rummaged through your bag for your phone.

You were too scared to miss the call and your chance to speak with Yongguk, if it was him who called. Finally, you fetched your phone and quickly answered the call, before you even got to look at the caller id.

"Baby?" His deep tone rang in your ear, making your heart finally ease.

"Yongguk?" You called softly.

"You called me." He said, and you stopped in your tracks, in the middle of the street.

"Yes, I did." You said.

"Is something wrong?" He asked.

A moment of silence passed by, and you shook your head although he couldn't see it. Why was he acting different? He was always happy on the phone, when he spoke with you. You rarely got to talk, so why was he acting indifferent.

"No, I.. I just called because I miss you." You said in a small tone, and it felt like you had disturbed him.

"I miss you too." He said, sounding indifferent, and you frowned.

"I can call another time, when you aren't busy." You quickly added, hiding the disappointment in your tone.

"____-ah?" He called your name, and you hung up the call right away.