15. The Accosi's

15. The Accosi's

Nataía
"Thank you Antonio."
"No thanks necessary. You owe me." Of course I did. "How did you know I was here? And why didn't you tell me you were coming?"
"I wanted to surprise you."
"That still doesn't explain how you knew where I was. Don't tell me...Antonio! You had me followed?!"
"I couldn't leave my wife on her own in a strange city now could I?"
"You are unbelievable." We switched from English to Italian because there were too many prying eyes. "Where are you staying?"
"With you of course. You didn't expect me to come all the way here and stay by myself did you? Besides, we're supposed to be a happily married couple. I think it's time to show New York just how happy the Accosi's are. Don't you think?"
"I like the way you think, husband."

"Natalía, a word?" Marc's presence broke the playful banter Antonio and I were in. I nudged Antonio. "Introduce yourself," I whispered. "Why should I exchange pleasantries with the man my wife is fucking?" His face lost the playfulness it had just a minute ago. "Let's not go there. Have you forgotten how many of your whores I've had to be civil towards for the sake of keeping up appearances? When all I wanted to do was rip their hair out?"
"Fine. But it's just because I have an image to uphold."
"Antonio Accosi."
"Marc Paxton." They shook hands but said nothing more. Well at least they were civil. That's all I could ask for I guess. "Excuse me." I walked away with a very quiet Marc. What was he thinking? I'm not used to him being this quiet.

"Why are you like this?"
"What do you mean?"
"Your attitude is a little standoff-ish."
"I have no idea what you're talking about. I wanted to let you know the welcome party has been confirmed to take place this Saturday."
"Oh right. I completely forgot about that. I'll be there. We're allowed to bring dates right?"
"Yes."
"Thanks for the heads up, Paxton. I'll call you." I waved goodbye and made my way back to Antonio's side.

"So what now?"
"Now, I take you to dinner. How does Italian sound?"
"Sounds lovely." If there was one thing I knew about Antonio, it's that he knew how to wine and dine a woman. If I wasn't careful around him I might end up falling for him again. And that wouldn't do me any good.

Marc
It has been three fucking days! Three days of non-stop news about the Accosi's. Everywhere they went and everything they did was captured for the world to see. There were pictures of them hugging and kissing and touching. It was sickening. "I'll call you?" Was that something she said in the heat of the moment?

"Wow, I've never seen you like this before over a woman, Paxton. She must be some woman. When can I meet her?"
"Shut up James! Just shut the hell up! What are you doing here anyway?"
"What do you mean? Do I need a reason to come visit my best friend now?"
"Just go back to London, OK?"

"Mr. Paxton, I have the items you requested."
"Thank you John. Leave them by the door." I was frustrated and super horny. "You know what you need? You need to get laid. How long has it been since you've gotten any? Let me guess...three or maybe four days?"
"Get out! Get the hell out James!"
"Too bad for you I'm used to your horrible temper by now. I'm not going anywhere. But we are going out tonight. Yuki's in town."
"Yuki?"
"I see I've gotten your attention."

Yuki was a Japanese beauty I met some time ago while doing business with her father. "She invited me to dinner with some friends of hers and hinted at visiting the clubs after."
"Did you two plan to be in town at the same time?"
"Purely coincidental, mate."
"Okay I'll go." I've had enough of hearing about the Accosi's out on the town in the magazines anyway. A night out could be just what the doctor ordered.

"Couldn't they have had dinner somewhere else? This place is usually crawling with paparazzi."
"When have they ever bothered you? You need to get out of this mood and loosen up. Come on. We're late. The others are already there." We approached the table we were directed to in the VVIP section of the restaurant; James with his usual enthusiasm, but me not so much. The most magical laughter floated to my ears.