19. A little more...human

Natalía
Antonio's words still lingered in my mind when I woke up the next morning. "You're thinking too hard," he said to me that morning when I stood with him at the airport. "It's not that hard love. Just be a little more open." That's the advice he left me with. Of course we had to share a parting kiss because the media even followed us there.

I did feel kind of sad saying goodbye to Antonio, but I knew his words were nothing but true. Even if I didn't want to admit it right away.

It was Sunday around midday and I didn't know what to do with myself. I had no friends here, well except Yuki, and no family either now that Antonio has left. It was too soon for me to go back home. I had to stay and monitor the situation for at least six months before I could leave. Since Marc threw me out, I can't go there either. I would not be the first one to cave. I had too much pride for that. If you give men what they wanted, then they would walk all over you and I'm not a woman to be walked over.

There were only two options for me at the moment, work or shopping. Since I'll have an entire week to work, I chose the latter. It was time for me to fill that huge closet in my apartment. Shopping was exactly what I needed. I did feel a little better after spending the afternoon buying stuff I probably don't need and won't ever wear. I even used the time to do some thinking. I could have been a little more understanding with Marc. I realized that I completely disregarded his feelings. Therefore I decided that I would make it up to him, and there was no time like the present. So after dropping off my purchases at my apartment, I made my way over to his. There was no point in knocking. I've never done it before and wasn't about to do it now even if he was angry.

In my usual Natalía fashion, I strolled right in. The place was eerily quiet. I wondered why that was. "Marc?" I called out, but there wasn't an answer. "Marc?" I called again. "He's in the bedroom." At four in the afternoon? I frowned but made my way towards his bedroom anyway. "Not that bedroom," James said. "Huh? You said he's in the bedroom. That is his bedroo..." I trailed off. There was only one reason why he would be in one of the other bedrooms. "Oh," I said. "Well that explains it I guess." I took a seat on the couch. "Well tell him I'm here."
"You want me to go interrupt him in the act?"
"Would you prefer I did it? I'm not as subtle as you you know."
"Good point."
"I'll just wait here."

I waved him to go on. Men are such assholes. I've proven it over and over again. He's the one that got upset because I said I wanted to keep things between us a secret from the public, yet still he's the one that's fucking some bimbo not even a full day after said argument. And they say I'm cold and heartless. Pshh, far from it.

Before James could go knock them up a door opened. Out of curiosity I turned my head. Oh how I wish I hadn't, because none other than Yuki came strolling down the passage. And the icing on the cake was that she was wearing a t-shirt I knew for a fact wasn't hers. If I had to take a guess I'd also say she wasn't wearing any underwear. You could smell the sex on her.

"Natalía! What are you doing here?" I hope they used condoms. "Yuki, how nice to see you here...in Marc's apartment. I didn't know you two were that friendly." She blushed. "Uh, well you see..."
"Goshinpainaku. (Don't worry about it.) Atode hanashimashou." (Let's talk later.) I don't know what kind of game Yuki was playing, but since I have no official claim on Marc Paxton I couldn't complain now could I?

"So what are you doing here?"
"Well I came to invite James and Marc for a Sunday evening out. I was hoping they could show me around since I don't really know New York City that well. I guess since you're here the invitation is extended to you as well."

"We accept," said the devil himself coming down the same passage in only his boxers. "Lovely!" I faked the excitement in my voice. "I'll just wait here for you all to get cleaned up." My eyes blazed fired at him. The rational part of me knew I had no reason whatsoever to be upset, but I was. Not that I'd ever show them that.