29. Power couple

29. Power couple

Natalía
"Let go of me," I slurred. "Natalía you're drunk. Now is not the time to make a fool of yourself."
"Let go of me." I tried to brush him off, but it wasn't such an easy task. "I haven't even started to make a fool of myself yet."
"Natalía! Now is not the time. We'll talk at home."
"I have nothing to say to you."
"Get in the fucking car, Natalía." I could tell he was close to losing his temper. It wouldn't do any good for the great Marc Paxton to lose his temper now would it? Especially since he already had such a 'stellar' reputation. So for the sake of peace, I got in.

"Put on your seatbelt." I ignored him and he reached over and fastened my seatbelt without saying a word. He thought I was drunk, but it wasn't. The truth is I was far from being drunk. I knew my limit. However, I still chose to give him the silent treatment. I used the time to gather my thoughts, and by the time we got home I decided to just ignore it. I had already flipped out at dinner, and drank to my heart's content, now the only thing left for me to do was to go to bed. And that is exactly where I headed as soon as I set foot in the apartment.

"Natalía."
"You should go to bed, Marc. The charity dinner is tomorrow. You'll need your rest to deal with all those pesky investors looking to buy into the company." And just like that, I went to bed as if nothing had happened.

When I woke up the next morning, everything from the night before had already been forgotten. I prepared breakfast as usual and prepared to go about my day. Marc came in from his jog just as I was putting his breakfast on the counter. "Are we going to talk about what happened last night?"
"You should go shower. Your breakfast is getting cold. There's nothing to talk about. I'm over it already."
"Natalía."
"Let it go Marc. I already have." He said nothing more about it.

After his quick shower he came back to the kitchen. "Are you going to pick up your suit or is John doing that for you?"
"John's picking it up. I have some things to do today so I won't have time."
"Okay. Could you ask him to pick up my outfit as well? I'll be super busy today."
"Sure."

Marc and I parted ways after breakfast. My day would be very hectic because this charity dinner would be one to talk about. There were numerous interviews that I have to give on behalf of Paxton Corp. I wasn't looking forward to that. Thank heavens I didn't have to deal with planning the damn thing.

"Where is Mr. Paxton? I was getting anxious. It's drawing closer to that time and I haven't seen nor heard from him since he left this morning. I could hardly sit still while my hair was being done. Marc was the one who convinced me to go with a stylist for the event and I was grateful. "I'm not sure ma'am. Would you like me to find out for you?"
"No, it's fine." She finished my hair, which was pulled back into a stylish chignon. I loved it. It was simple and neat and exactly what I was going for. It would look lovely with my dress. She also kept my makeup simple. I never wore heavy makeup anyway. But I did enjoy the smokey-eyed look that she gave me. I told her I would apply my lipstick by myself, and thanked her for the wonderful work she did. Now all that was left for me to do was to put on my dress. I was looking forward to wearing it since it is a one of a kind Natalía Accosi piece. I designed it myself, and it would be the first time that anyone would see it. I chose to go with gold instead of white. This was a special dinner after all and I had to look my best on Marc's arm.

"You look beautiful." I was on the verge of trying to zip up the back of my dress when strong hands took over and did the task for me. I stood still as he slowly zipped me up. The dress was gorgeous. The little v-cut design that started above my breasts gave a little provocative appeal, and it clung to my every curve until it reached the top of my knees. I wanted it in a mermaid design but I also wanted to be able to move freely in it, so from the knee down it had a little flare. It wasn't too wide and stuck to the theme I was going for. I also ensured that the front from the knee to my feet was left open. "Thank you." He kissed the side of my neck and lingered there for a bit. "I thought you were wearing white?"
"I changed my mind."
"Well I'm glad you did. This dress is something else. You're gorgeous." I smiled and turned in his arms. "You don't look so bad yourself." I looked him over appreciatively. "You cut your hair. And it's straightened." He shrugged. "I thought a change was needed."
"I like it."
"I'm glad you do." I turned back around and looked at our reflections in the mirror. We made a beautiful pair. There was no denying it.