Returning

"Daddy!!!" - Cerise sprinted through the hallway when she saw Adam step in the door.

"Hey baby! I missed you so much!" - Adam lifted his daughter in the hair, hugged her and kissed her.

"Me too! kisses!" - The sweet toddler was hanging around Adam's neck kissing him and cuddle against his chest.

"Yes baby, kisses, a lot of kisses!" - Adam kissed Cerise couple of times and the little girl was giggling of pure joy of having her daddy home again.

"Hi babe, how was the travel?" - Ericha appeared from the kitchen, kissed her husband in the lips and hugged him.

"Hi honey, was long as always. This transatlantic flights are always extremely long. But I am home at last!" - Adam smiled. -  " How were the things here while I was away?"

"Oh ok, I guess, I mean we missed you of course, Cerise asked about you everyday. But she has to get used, it is daddy's life right?" - Ericha said in a strange tone.

"Ahem.. what do you mean by that? When we got married I had this life already" 

"Yes, but you weren't famous. And the cruises were once or twice a year, the tours are all year long. Your daughter is growing seeing you on youtube."

"Wait, wait... I keep telling you to go with me, you keep refusing!" - Adam was getting really upset with these accusations.

"I am not going.." - Ericha was interrupted by Cerise

"Mommy... phone..."

"I am going. I need to pick up this." - Ericha left to the bedroom to take the call.

"Ceri, come here baby, come to daddy" - Adam held the toddler in his arms and went to the couch.

"Yes, daddy?" - Cerise asked, she had her daddy's big blue innocent eyes, and in that moment they were trying to find out what daddy wanted.

"You know daddy loves you very much right? And that if I travel so much is because I need to work.." 

"I do daddy, you and the uncles need to sing, people need happy!" - Cerise said in definite voice.

"Yes baby, they need happy... " 

"Did you happied the euros?" - Cerise had vocabulary of her own.

"I guess so, baby. I guess we happied the euros" - Adam laughed at Cerise's words.

"Good!" - Cerise jumped from Adam's lap and went after the cat.

Adam went up the stairs and caught part of Ericha's conversation on the phone:

"...I know... it is just not that simple... I will solve it... of course I do!" - He could hear his wife walking around the room, she seemed anxious over something. - " I need time... let me do it my way please. Now I have to go. Bye."

The moment the call ended, Adam walked inside the bedroom, startling Ericha. 

"Jesus! You scared me! Knock next time, will you?" 

" Knock? To step in my own bedroom, in my own house?" - Adam looked at Ericha in disbelief - "Er, we are married for 6 years, I know you very well, what is going on?"

"Nothing. I am sorry. I am just in weird mood today I guess.. I am sorry baby. You just arrived and I behaved like a moron. I am so sorry, come here" - Ericha opened her arms and hugged and kissed Adam, but he knew something was off.

The family had dinner that night, Cerise fell asleep on Adam's chest while watching tv. Adam went to put her to sleep and then returned to the living room.

"Come, let's go to the bedroom! Cerise is asleep, and I want to welcoming you home properly." - Ericha guided Adam to the bedroom.

Adam was not very much into that idea, but he knew he had to try. They arrived to the bedroom and while the were making out, Ericha took his shirt off and was kissing his neck, chest, belly, Adam tried to get his head in the game, his body was answering to the stimulation but his head was an ocean away.

Ericha on her side was trying also to keep her head in the game. The situation had to be solved, but she did not now how, so she opted to keep Adam distracted with sex.

After the sex, each one turn to the side. Not even a word.
Neither Adam nor Ericha wanted to talk or explain anything on that moment. They both felt it. But maybe the next day. That moment they just felt like running from each other. 

Adam did not sleep at all, maybe due to jetlag, maybe due to the recent events. Was 5am, and tired of being in bed, he stood up and went to check on Cerise that was peacefully asleep in her bed.

After went to the kitchen and made himself a cup of coffee, took it to the living room and grabbed his phone. Alexa came to his thoughts. She would be asleep probably, in the very same bed they made love the night before. A smile escaped from his lips when he opened the picture he took  before leaving her house, was last time he'd see her he needed to take something that was only theirs with him, so he took the picture. she was laying in her bed sleeping with such peaceful expression, dressed in his shirt with her beautiful thighs showing under the shirt. 

"Will I ever be able to forget you Alpha?" - He sighed deeply and continued to drink his coffee, lost in his own thoughts.