The Nanny

Weeks past, Beau grew and the couple adjusted to the new routine. But, as Adam's career was on the road, it came the time for new tour.

" Are you sure you will be ok?" – Adam was concerned about leaving Alexa all alone with Beau.

" Look baby, Daddy thinks you wont be able to look after Mommy while he is away" – Alexa held Beau and kissed him in the head. - "Daddy we will be just fine! Don't worry about us!"

" Daddy is still not happy about this..." - Adam took Beau on his arms.

" Sweetheart... It will be fine.. I told you that the nanny comes with the highest references. And I need to go back to work as well..." – Alexa reassured Adam.

She was due to go back to work within two weeks, she had hired a highly specialized nanny, from her friend Lilly agency.

" Lilly has the agency for years! Has a huge waiting list for nannies, because she only works with the very best - Alexa smiled - And also I will be together with her for 2 weeks, the moment she is less than perfect, heads will roll...

" Now I'm afraid for the poor nanny!" – Adam laughed. –" Now on serious note.. I would just like to meet her before I leave...."

"We can arrange that, I will call Lilly and ask her to set up a meeting with her." – Alexa grabbed the phone and called her friend Lilly.

" Great darling, thank you so much and yes definitely lets have coffee one of this days, bye bye!" – Alexa put down the phone.

" So?" – Adam was giving bath to little Beau - "Hey... don't get Daddy all wet!"

" Oh please do! Mommy loves to see a Mr Wet Shirt" – Alexa joked - " We will meet the nanny tomorrow. She will come here at 2"

The day after, at 2 pm the door bell rings, Adam opens the door and sees a young girl standing at the doorstep.

"Mr Rupp I presume? I'm Delilah, the nanny. Nice to meet you! " Delilah stretch the hand to give Adam a handshake.

" Hi, Delilah, likewise, but please call me Adam, come on in" - Adam stepped aside to let the girl pass.

Adam guided Delilah to the living room where Alexa and Beau were.

" Honey" – Adam called out – " Delilah is here"

Alexa examined Delilah and the first thing she noticed was how pretty the young girl was.

" Hi Delilah, please have a seat," – Alexa pointed at the couch - "I'm Alexa, I heard a lot about you, but for sure my friend Lilly forgot to mention she was sending a model"

Delilah blushed until her cheeks were ruby red. – " Oh Mrs Rupp, thank you!"

" Oh darling, nope... Just Alexa here and definitely not Mrs Rupp!" – Alexa made a dramatic gesture while pronouncing the Mrs Rupp. - So, here is Beau...

" Oh heavens, he is beautiful! Looks like a little Angel" – Delilah approach to Alexa that had Beau on her arms.- " would it be too much if I ask to hold him?"

"Dear, please do so! My arms are killing me and you'll better get used to hold him.." – Alexa smiled.

Delilah rocked Beau and seemed indeed at ease with the baby, Alexa had a good feeling about her.

"I'm preparing coffee... anyone wants?" Alexa asked.

" I would take one if won't be much trouble" – Delilah answered.

" No thanks, Ill make it myself" – Adam turn around and went to the kitchen.

"What the hell?!" – Alexa thought out loud – What the fuck just happened?"

" ahem... Alexa... I think Adam got offended with the Mrs Rupp thing" - Delilah commented in shy tone – " I'm so sorry I didn't mean to cause any trouble, I...

" Don't sweat it... You did nothing... " – Alexa smiled – " And kid, I like you already... observant... like it! I think we will get along just fine"

" Coffees, here is yours Delilah" – Adam put the coffee on the coffee table next to the girl.

" And here is yours Alexa." – Put the coffee next to Alexa and went to sit down on the other side of the couch.- " So, Delilah, tell me why you chose this job?"

" Well, I love kids, but I don't do well with handling a full classroom." - Delilah explained

"So you are a teacher" – Adam asked

" Yes sir, I majored in Pedagogy and Early ears development" – Delilah clarified

"Wow.. that's amazing!" – Alexa was evaluating all moves that Delilah was doing, sure she seemed nice and all, but she would be taking care of her baby, so she had to be perfect.

" Oh.. Mr Beau... Welcoming present for DeeDee? " – Delilah laughed - " He needs to be changed, where is the changing station?"

" Oh no, you don't have to! Please you are not working yet!" – Adam stood up to take Beau and change the diaper..

"Please, I insist! I bet you two could use 5 mins" – Delilah winked at Alexa – Oh I see the nursery door from here, we will be right back!"

" Thanks!" – Alexa smiled.- " Yes, that door on the left and everything is ready on the changing station"

Adam was going to leave to kitchen when Alexa held him by the hand.

" What is going on?"

" I didn't know my surname was so offensive"

" Sweetheart.. " - Alexa caressed Adam's face - " I'm sorry that came out wrong"

" Came out pretty clear to me!" - Adam pushed Alexa gently aside and went to kitchen.

Alexa rolled her eyes, followed him into the kitchen and pulled him by the shirt, she said in low voice very close to his lips.

" Mrs Rupp, only takes my mind to your mom..." – She kissed Adam gently in the lips – " that's what made me react that way"

" You swear?" - Adams expression softened

" What else could it possibly be?" – Alexa laid her head on his chest

" That you wouldn't want to marry me.."

" Say what now?! " – Alexa jumped back – " What? Did you propose to me and I missed it?"

" No... I didn't!" – Adam had sad expression - " But now I know the answer"

" Baby" – Alexa sat on the kitchen table wrapping her legs around Adam's waist – " Don't put words on my mouth...I just think that we have bigger issues to take care of right now. - Alexa put her arms around Adam's neck -"I Love you, no matter what is written on my documents, and no document will make me love you more. Because I don't think that is possible"

" I love you too" – Adam tangled Alexa's hair between his fingers and pulled her into a very passionate kiss.

The couple was interrupted by Delilah calling out from the living room.

They both laugh and went back to the living room.

" Delilah, you are more than approved! Please be here next Monday at 8" – Adam smiled.

" Will do Adam! You too have a great day! And you Beau, ill see you on Monday! "