Homecoming

"They're here!!!! They're here" - Rob was looking out the window when he saw Adam, Alexa and the baby get out of the car.

"People... remember... baby... new born... no yelling, no shouting!" - Isa warned everyone - " Specially you Mary High Pitch" - She said pointing at Austin.

"Keep that finger to yourself lady!" - Austin protested.

The sound of the key turning announced that the family was entering the house.

"Welcome home!" - the entire group whispered so that they wouldn't wake the baby up.

"He is so cute guys! Thank goodness is all mom!" - Tim laughed while petting the babies head..

"Well something he better have just like dad!" - Austin laughed

"Still same idiots as always" - Hannah rolled her eyes at the boys and helped Alexa sit down on the couch.

" Here mama... A nice natural juice... And now.. can we finally know our nephew's name?" - Rob asked while pouring a glass of orange juice to Alexa.

"Well..." - Adam and Alexa smiled sweetly at each other. Adam took the baby in his arms and immediately the baby wrap his tiny hand around the father's finger.

Awwwww!!! - Isa and Hanna were melting over the moment.

Adam sat down by Alexa's side and said:

"World... Meet Beau..."

"Hey Beau-Bear come here..." - Austin carefully took the baby in his arms. - "I'm uncle Austin, welcome to the family".

"Penny for your thoughts... - Adam noticed Alexa's empty stare.
He sat next to her, caressed her face and laid a soft kiss on her neck.

Alexa rested her head on Adam's chest and whispered.
" I'm afraid of your mother's reaction to all this, I'm worried how Cerise will accept Beau, not to mention my family... I can feel already the judgment...

"Shhh... we will cross that bridge when it comes- Adam tried to tranquilize Alexa. Even though same concerns crossed his mind.

Loud crying snap the couple out of their thoughts.
A very scared Austin passed the baby back to Alexa repeating several times: " I did nothing... I did nothing! I swear!"

"If you were holding me I'd be crying too!" - Tim joked while raising the so characteristic eyebrow.

"Guys I love having you around but..." Adam took Beau from Austin's arms and gave him to Alexa - " Alexa needs to rest, I need to shower and Beau needs to sleep..."

"Sure thing!" - Rob knew all too well how it works with newborns. - " Rest and if you need anything just call us! "

"Thank you Bubba!" - Alexa smiled at Rob. - "When are you guys flying home?"

"Tomorrow afternoon... We just came to see the baby... And make sure Rupp could handle all this!" - Chance informed.

"You guys realize that I have another child right?!" - Adam seemed offended.

"Love, they are just teasing you!" - Alexa smiled.

The guys left the family in their house, and decided to go eat something and watch the football match.

"Can you put Beau in the crib please? By the time I stand up he will be old enough to go to school" - Alexa was moving slow, still recovering from the birth.

"But of course... Come here buddy.. " - Adam snuggled the baby

"Dreams do come true" - Alexa said with shaky voice.

Seeing Adam hold their son, the baby she was told so many times she couldn't have felt surreal. How could so much love fit in someone's chest.

After gently put Beau in the crib, Adam went to kitchen to prepare a tea.

When he returned found Alexa asleep in the couch, he stared at her for few moments, his warrior, the mother of his baby, the woman that turn his world upside down, he loved those two people so much.

He knew what he had to do. He knew the bitter conversation ahead of him...

Adam grabbed the phone, opened the contacts and dialed.

After couple of rings someone picked up, Adam took a deep breath and with a serious tone said:. "Hi Momma... We need to talk... "

*********

To be continued.