32

Patrick's POV

Thanks to his exceedingly short notice on the fact he was going back to school, Petes gone in the morning. There's another scribble on my hand next to the one from his trip with his mom that's almost faded. I really need to get him a proper pen so I don't end up with a completely stained hand from all his writing on it.

The note only says he's gone to school and that he loves me but it makes me super happy. It's a big stressful day for him so the fact he wants to make sure I know where he is and that he loves me is adorable.

I have therapy with Dr Williams in the morning where she tells me she's proud of my progress. I've come a long way in these few months and now I'm in a place I never thought I'd be. As much as I wish I didn't have to leave soon, I'm really glad people don't have to worry about me anymore.

I spend the rest of the morning until Pete bounces into the room smiling very wide. He jumps onto my bed and bounces a couple of times "Patty I had such an amazing day. I even made a friend, I met a guy in my biology class who was really nice and I think he likes me too, it's so weird and great"

Pete babbles for a while about his day and seeing him happy makes my entire day better. I didn't like this idea but I guess Dr Williams knows what she's doing because Pete had the best day.

Once he's talked about everything he plays with my fingers and when I ask if he's going back he nods eagerly "I hope so, it'll only be a couple of days a week but it'll be really good. Maybe at some point I'll go back properly but now I'll just go occasionally and do a bunch of work here"

I've never seen anyone so excited about school but it's so interesting to me. I absolutely hated high school but this is the first time Pete's getting to go so it's fun for him. I just really hope nothing happens to ruin his adorable childish happiness.

Pete's in such a good mood so I suck up my little hint of jealousy and ask about his friend. That makes Pete giggle and kiss my cheek "His names Russell and he's really nice. He's cute and short and ginger and has an Irish accent. I like the idea of having a new friend, meeting new people is hard but he made it so easy. I told him I was gay and he was so nice about it, he even said he's questioning his sexuality too"

That makes me jealousy flare up even more which I know is a little stupid. As much as I hate that Pete will be spending so much time with another man, I like that he's making friends and getting better. He's learning to trust people and be around other guys without being scared which means a lot.

I wish we could spend the rest of the night together to get rid of my jealousy but too soon Pete has to leave. He gives me another kiss on the cheek before saying he has to do homework then skipping off.

Once he's gone I keep reading but it seems a lot less interesting than before. After I've had Pete then lost Pete the world seems a little more dull than before.

Pete goes to school another 2 times that week and both days he comes back smiling and talks to me about everything. I really should stop doubting Dr Williams because she's a professional psychologist and knows Pete best. I've never seen him this hyper and excited about something.

On Friday Pete comes back and jumps on my lap, showering me with kisses which is definitely the best part of any day. After he's kissed everything he can reach Pete sits back in my lap and grins at me "Today was awesome as well, Russell's been so amazing and he even invited me to his house tomorrow. Dr Williams said it was a good idea so I might actually be able to go, I could hang out with an actual friend"