Chapter 15: Extracurricular

Your POV

It was Ms. Goodwitch's class and Pyrrha was facing off against Team CRDL. She was destroying them easily. Pyrrha slammed Cardin on the ground. Glynda approaches from behind as Cardin clutches his ribs.

"And that's the match." Glynda announced.

Groaning Cardin says, "Lucky shot." before he collapsed onto the arena floor.

"Well done, Miss Nikos. You should have no problem qualifying for the tournament." Glynda said.

Pyrrha said "Thank you, professor."

Tapping on her scroll, Glynda said "Alright, now I know that's a tough act to follow, but we have time for one more sparring match." She looks around at the students "Any volunteers? Ms. Belladonna?" Blake gets startled by the comment and shuts the book she was reading. "You've been rather docile for the past few classes. Why don't you -"

Mercury raised his hand, then cut off Glynda saying " I'll do it."

"Mercury, is it? Very well, let's find you an opponent." Glynda announces

"Actually, I wanna fight... her." Mercury decided.

Mercury points to Pyrrha.

"Me?" Pyrrha said

"I'm afraid Miss Nikos has just finished the match. I recommend you choose another partner." Glynda explained

"No, it's fine! I'd be happy to oblige." Pyrrha said

Mercury struts into the arena, visibly sizing up Pyrrha. begins when he makes the first attack and is knocked down. Recovering quickly, he deflects an attack and begins trading blows with Pyrrha until she knocks him back with her shield.

"Hey, your friend's doing pretty good." Ruby told Emerald who was sitting next to her.

Emerald gives a fake smile and then rolls her eyes as Ruby turns her back.

Mercury unleashes a series of powerful strikes. Pyrrha allows his kick to slam against her forearm before Mercury manages to disarm, a kick impaling her blade into the ground. Pyrrha uses her Semblance to redirect the direction of Mercury's next kick. As she charges him with her shield, he shoots off of it and turns his back to her. Pyrrha tries to rush him again.

Nonchalantly, Mercury announced "I forfeit."

Pyrrha almost stumbles as she stops beside him.

"You... don't even want to try?" Pyrrha said, confused

"What's the point? You're a world-renowned fighter. We're obviously leagues apart." Mercury explained

"In that case... Pyrrha Nikos is the victor of the match... again." Glynda said

Emerald smirks. Mercury sneers smugly. Pyrrha has a annoyed and disappointed look on her face, and places her left hand on her hip. The Aura displays for Pyrrha and Mercury are shown as Mercury's is changed from green to red indicating his loss.

"Next time, you may want to think a little harder before choosing an opponent." Glynda said mom-like.

"I'll be sure to do that." Mercury said

An alarm sounds which jolts Blake who has nodded off.

"That is all for today. And remember, the dance is this weekend. But you all have your first mission on Monday. I will not accept any excuses. Also, (Y/n)" Glynda announced

"Yes, Professor?" You said

"You and Eli have never fought in the arena. So, next time we have class you will be fighting a doubles match. Also, ask Eli if he can DJ for the dance, please?" Glynda said