Chapter 35: PvP

A/n: One, Sorry for the short part! Two, Happy Independence Day! Three, I will post a part tomorrow. Four, Can You guess the reference? Five, Enjoy!

Your POV

You were in the jiu-jitsu combat stance as Ruby began asking questions

"Mercury, what are you doing? You were hurt! Why..." Ruby narrows her eyes in suspicion "What's going on?" Mercury nor Michael answer, both still grinning with malice "Fine. If you're not going to tell me..." She attempts to move around him, but he blocks her path, then does it again when she sidesteps

Oobleck over the announcement system "Fighters, are you ready?"

Mercury and Michael smirk.

Mercury said looking back at Ruby "Showtime."

He goes forward, blocking Ruby's path with his arms outstretched, restraining her movements no matter where she moves. Panicked, she grimaces and spins forward, becoming a blur of red and petals rocketing toward Mercury, only for him to kick her mid-dash with his boots and knock her to the ground. He advances on her just as she gets out her Scroll, about to push the button to call for help when a bullet shatters the device into several shards.

After you saw that you felt like you were going to explode. [Your Progression Towards Exploding: 35%]

Mercury lowered his leg from its kick "Let's just keep this between us friends. " He and Michael move towards You and Ruby.

Ruby attempts to block a kick from Mercury with her arms, but gets a face-full of boot. She manages to duck under his next attack and leap over his leg, spiraling past him, this time getting much farther down the corridor. She kicks off of the wall and falls to the ground, pumping her arms as she runs for the exit. You grabbed Michael as his eyes widened with surprise and you throw him at Mercury. You sprinted as fast as you could to catch to Ruby's semblance. Ruby turns a corner and barges through the service tunnel's door. It closed again, so you kicked opened and looked at Ruby. She was on her knees, crying

"Penny..." Ruby said, crying

[Your Progression Towards Exploding: 60%]

You heard Michael's and Mercury's footsteps as the door swung open. Ruby tenses slightly as she hears their footsteps, but slumps forward once again as the door noisily swings shut.

You saw Penny... destroyed. You felt sadness well up inside you. Then you saw the screen's change to a red background with a black, queen, chess piece.

"This is not a tragedy. This was not an accident. This is what happens when you hand over your trust, your safety, your children, to men who claim to be our guardians, but are, in reality, nothing more than men. Our Academies' Headmasters wield more power than most armies, and one was audacious enough to control both." The voice said.

It was a woman's voice and you knew you heard it before, but couldn't figure out who it was.

"They cling to this power in the name of peace, and yet, what do we have here? One nation's attempt at a synthetic army, mercilessly torn apart by another's star pupil. What need would Atlas have for a soldier disguised as an innocent little girl? I don't think the Grimm can tell the difference." She continued

Pyrrha holds a hand to her mouth in dread as she continues to stare at the remains of Penny, eyes watering, a single tear falling.

"And what, I ask you, is Ozpin teaching his students? First a dismemberment, now this? Huntsmen and Huntresses should carry themselves with honor and mercy, yet I have witnessed neither." She pointed out

"Perhaps Ozpin felt as though defeating Atlas in the Tournament would help people forget his colossal failure to protect Vale when the Grimm invaded its streets. Or perhaps this was his message to the tyrannical dictator that has occupied an unsuspecting kingdom with armed forces. Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue as to who is right and who is wrong. But I know the existence of peace is fragile, and the leaders of our kingdoms conduct their business with iron gloves." She said "As someone who hails from Mistral, I can assure you the situation there is... equally undesirable. Our Kingdoms are on the brink of war, yet we, the citizens, are left in the dark." She paused "So I ask you: When the first shots are fired... who do you think you can trust?"

The screens then cut from red and black to complete static. You then heard the sound of a wailing alarm throughout the Colosseum. You looked up in alarm at the orange flashing screens reading "CAUTION".

"Alert. Incoming Grimm attack. Threat level: Nine. Please seek shelter in a calm and orderly manner." A automated voice said

The crowds begin to flee, wild and screaming, through the exit tunnels.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please. There is no need for panic." You heard Ironwood say over the PA system.

With that said, a Giant Nevermore appears atop the arena's domed force field, giving a series of deafening screeches as it claws and pecks at the defense with its beak.

You saw Sun standing up in alarm along with Coco as he said "A Nevermore!?"

Coco lowered her sunglasses "How did it get past the Kingdom's defenses!?"

Ren appeared beside them as he states "It wasn't alone."

Your eyes widened in realization as you realized that, your nightmare, has come true. It was the Battle of Beacon.