Chapter 52: Known By Its Song

A/N: I hope yall had a happy thanksgiving! Im writing this today because I just finished all of thanksgiving with two families. Now time for the big explanation....

Your POV

"This will be complicated" You said, as you sat in a red chair with Ruby on your lap. 

"Trust me kid, we've all heard a lot of complicated things in the past few days." Qrow said, then looked around to everyone in the room. 

"Alrighty then, let's get to it." You said preparing this explanation.

[Flashback] 

You kept fighting the shadowy version of yourself over and over again. But it always ended the same way. A stalemate. This had happened so many times you had lost count. Every thing you did was countered by your other self. 

'How do I get past this?' You thought. It was literally impossible. Some people would say be unpredictable, but how can you be unpredictable to yourself? Others would say break your limit, but what is stopping the other self from doing the same thing? No matter how many limits you break, you can't beat yourself because they will break through the same limits just as you did.

'Wait.....' You thought  to yourself. You stood up, as did your shadow self. You both walked towards each other till you were only a few feet apart. 

"I know what you are now besides just being me." You said to the other. They didn't say anything. All they did was stand there. "I never forgave myself for what happened at Beacon. How I failed to stay by Ruby's side. I knew I couldn't stop the catastrophe. There was no questioning that. However when I left Ruby, I cursed at myself. There wasn't any way to tell her 'I am alive!' I felt awful for that and that's the reason you're here. In order to be with her, I needed to learn to forgive myself for the mistakes that I caused. I can't do everything I want. That's a sad truth I have to accept." You held out your hand. The shadow looked at it for a brief moment and then shook it. With that it disappeared.

"It seems you've finally learned the lesson" It was a new voice. It sounded feminine 

"Yes, it seems like they have" This was the High Blade's voice. 

"The lesson that I'm only human? I'm not a miracle." You said, "There's a new one of you here now."

"Yes, I am another High Blade" She said. "More importantly, I'm here to help along with the other High Blade."

"Well I want to know is, can I go back to Ruby now?" You asked.

"You may" She said and after she said that the Blade Works Vanished and you were falling at high speeds once more....

[Flashback - End]

"So yeah I got mortally wounded and ended up in my semblance. They taught me a lesson over the course of months. Now that I've learned it, I'm here." You said. Everyone in the room was looking at each other with a face of, "He was right it is complicated."

"Now, are there anymore questions?" You asked, then everyone shook their heads. "Alright, can we get some food now? I haven't eaten today." You laughed after you said that, as did everyone else. Qrow then spoke up.

"Not yet, I got to go find hunters for our plan." He said. 

"Okay" You replied along with the others who said the same. 

Qrow got up and walked out to go find the hunters and huntresses. 

[Timeskip]

At the house Everyone was helping prepare dinner: Ruby and Ren are cooking at the stove, Jaune is setting up the table, Nora is cutting carrots, occasionally eating slices, You and Pyrrha were getting the ingredients for Ruby and Ren out of the fridge.

"Alright, the first batch is just about done." Ren said

"Awesome! Now we just need Qrow and we'll be all set." said Ruby

Nora was still eating carrots "Do you really think he's gonna bring that many people? This is a lot of food." She then eats another carrot slice

"Uh, I don't know, but it sounds like we could use all the help we can get." Ruby said

"I'm back!" Qrow yelled at he enters

"Be right there!" shouted Ruby

"You're going to overcook that." Ren said to her

"No I'm not, shut up!" replied Ruby

"Hey, uh, Ruby?" Qrow said still outside of the room.

"I'm coming!" She said again as some smoke comes from the pan she is cooking with.

"Fine! You take over." Ruby said to Ren, she then grabs the tea tray and heads to the living room while Ren helps cook the pan. Ruby looked at the tea tray and said "So, we didn't know how many people were coming, so we just cooked all of it." She looks up, and gasps as she drops the tea tray and its contents, which shatter on the floor. She stares in disbelief at the sight of not only Qrow, but of her older sister Yang and teammate Weiss. Yang approaches her little sister.

Ruby's voice cracks "Yang, I... I'm so sorry! I- I should've stayed, and I should've talked to you more! I'd-- I just..." Tears start pouring from her eyes. "I wasn't sure if you wanted me around and--"

Suddenly, her big sister gives her a strong hug. Ruby's lips quiver, and she looks toward her sister.

"I love you." Yang's eyes stream tears from themRuby sobs as she leans into her sister's hug.

"I love you too." said Ruby. You walked over and hugged both of them as well.

"What about me?" You said with a smile. Ruby looks at you and says.

"You already know I do." She then puts an arm around you and so does Yang.

You hear Jaune, Ren, Nora, and Pyrrha enter the room, smiling at the sight of you all embracing each other. Qrow smiles as well. Oscar enters the room.

"Uh..." He said not knowing what was going on. He looks up, seeing Ruby, You, andYang hugging, and smiles. Weiss smiles as she wipes a tear from her eye, before frowning while looking down.

"Weiss." Ruby says. Weiss looks up, and sees Ruby and Yangs arms open up for her. She smiles and eagerly joins in on the hug. Everyone smiles as they watch four of the five Team RWBY members embrace each other. 

A/n: Hope yall enjoyed and I'll see ya later!