Chapter 49: Unforeseen Complications

A/n: Yes I did just publish a part, you can thank someone in the comments for that one. I talked to him about an hour ago on Nov 12th 2019. You know who you are. All I can say is thanks MS2. Chapter 50 will be here this Friday. So anyone still reading this has something to look forward to. I want to complete Vol 5 within the next couple months. Then I'll focus on Volume 6. And don't worry there will be some asskickings.

The newly arrived Oscar is sitting in a red armchair. By his facial expression, he was looking quite nervous. All the members of Team RNJR were so intrigued by his nature and fawned over him.

"Did he age backwards?" Nora shouted aloud

"He's possessed!" Said Jaune

"Or reincarnated!" Ren added

"Oh! Isn't it weird?" Ruby commented, meanwhile Pyrrha seemed uneasy at it. She had almost died if not for (Y/n) taking the arrow for her. The reality of it was they still weren't sure if he was actually alive at all.

"It is very weird, yes." Said Oscar

"Okay, okay." Said Qrow as he began to come from the kitchen with a cup in his hand. "Let's all just take a second and remember that this is very overwhelming for everyone."

Team RNJR plus Pyrrha all step back together and nervously chuckle.

"Thanks." Oscar said to Qrow

Qrow then takes a seat on the couch next to Oscar. Ruby and Nora have taken a seat on the couch perpendicular to Qrow's, while Jaune, Ren, and Pyrrha remain standing. Oscar then shares a brief look with Ruby, who giggles, causing Oscar to blush. Meanwhile, someplace else, (Y/n) felt a hint of jealousy for some unexplained reason.

"Ah, sorry!" Oscar said, looking away after staring at them for a brief moment, "It's just I've never really met Huntsmen and Huntresses before."

Ruby replied for everyone "Well, uh... we've never met a person with two souls! So, first times all around."

Oscar smiled and chuckled at Ruby before hearing Qrow clear his throat.

"Not to break up the whole 'getting-to-know-you' game, but we need to have a talk. Mind showing us your little parlor trick, kid?" Qrow bluntly asked.

Oscar began to groan and said "Yeah, okay. Just so you know, I'll still be here."

The teammates began to look at him in confusion. Oscar then lowers his head and closes his eyes. Suddenly, a green and white aura shines from his body for a moment, Oscar opens up his eyes, which are now glowing, and he smiles. When he speaks, they all hear a familiar voice overlapping with a bunch of other voices, including Oscar's.

"It is so very good to see you again, students." The newly awakened Ozpin said.

All of Team RNJR share brief looks of confusion.

"Wait, what just happened?" Jaune asked

"Professor... Ozpin?" Pyrrha said questioning her own question.

"Correct. And though I may be the one speaking, Oscar is still present mentally. He's merely handed over the control, so to speak." Ozpin explained and looks to his left for a second as if he was listening to someone who wasn't there. "I'm afraid this all must be very perplexing." He continued

"And alarming, and bizarre, and just really kind of hard to believe overall!" Nora said

Ozpin chuckled "It's good to see you children still have your sense of humor." He began to frown, but continued, "I know you've all been through tremendous hardship already. I'm sorry."