I fiddled with the ring on my finger, something Ridge had given me when he first took me in. 

Or did he give it to me..?

Rythian watched me, as if to gauge how well I took the story.

"You know.. I've noticed something quite interesting about you..." 

His words made me look up, and my head tilt. 

"You don't act as a lady... you were the one of the two who was meant to.. downing glasses of whiskey, knowing how to wield a blade, even going as far as how you act around people.. you're so much more friendly and open.." 

His words confused me, my eyes going back down to the mug in my hands. I slowly set it down on the floor, to pull off the ring. He looked a little surprised, as if he knew what it was.

"Where did you get that.?"

"I don't know anymore... I think... Ridge gave it to me... but I don't remember him giving it...." 

He stood up, and swept to one of the chests, the scarf staring at me again.

"That's something I haven't seen in ages... Here, take this. I don't need it anymore.." 

He closed the chest, holding a strange sphere shaped object. It wasn't small, but it wasn't too big either.

"What is it..?" 

I stayed seated, sort of confused.

"This is a klein star Omega, what you have there is a Swiftwolf's Rending Gale.. You can use it to fly, but nowadays they can only be powered with one of these.. You can power certain tools and weapons with it as well, but they've almost all been destroyed by Ridge.." 

He strode back over, before gently pressing it into my hand. 

"Put it in your bag, as long as you have it with you, you can use the ring."

I slid the orb thing into my bag, before sliding the ring back on. I didn't feel any different, but he seemed to smile a little under his mask.

"You'll learn how to use it quickly.. I can't teach you, I wish I could, but my days as a mentor are done..."

"Thank you... So.. where am I...?"

"You're in a place called the Twilight Forest, I live here with my former apprentice and a friend.. It's the safest place I could find." 

He sat again in his chair, seeming to relax. I didn't get what was so dangerous, I hadn't been killed yet by any of the outsiders. 

"When will I go back..? To Ridge and Bebop and them...?" 

He sighed, his hands bridging together as his elbows rested on the plush arms of his chair. He studied me again, as if considering some various things about the question and outcomes.

"He has already started searching for you... as soon as possible is best.... but before you go back, I wish to retrieve your memories. I was told they'd been wiped, it would be simple. However... you cannot let him know you remember everything... He will hurt me and the people I live with if he finds out anything..." 

"I want to remember..."

He nodded, before he stood up and stepped towards my chair and sat on the arm, his hand dancing in black sparks. He seemed to hesitate before resting his hand on my head, my vision seeming to fade out. 

"What do you see..?"

"Nothing..." 

A slight murmur left his lips, before bright flashes of color streaked over my vision.

"How about now?"

"So bright...."

"Those are your memories... he hadn't removed them, only overwritten... this should do it..." 

His hand left my head, but the bright streaking colors stayed as I heard his move off the arm.

"Thank you.."

"You're welcome..."